Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Big FQ Dilemma... please tell me what to do >

Big FQ Dilemma... please tell me what to do

Big FQ Dilemma... please tell me what to do

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

It's probably best to send me a PM...
Old 01-22-2010, 06:20 PM

Well, if the board is any indication, you will be able to sell them either as a set, or as individuals. I usually like sets, mainly because it takes the "work" out of trying to coordinate everything! I don't think you will go wrong with either decision.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 PM

Those fabrics are beautiful. I like most of Nancy Halvorson's fabrics.
I am not a purchaser of Fat quarters. Though, those may be tempting. I usually like to pick up at least 1/2 yards or 1-2 yard pieces.

If you sell them as a "whole" bundle, do you give any price discounts over the individual FQ prices?

My next question would be how much would a bundle like that cost? cause I'm thinking I would be really really tempted!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I can see why you have a dilemma--I just love that set! I would have had a hard time passing them up too. IMHO, they need to be sold all together as a set! Someone will buy them that way--you have to remember--you bought them as a set too...
I so agree.
I would want them to coordinate.
I agree too, that they are scrumptious. No wonder you couldn't help yourself...um, hmmm, slap! no, Mousie, no looking online for these...down girl:lol:
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM

We have bought one set that included 20 FQ, and it was bundled with a pattern - either Turning Twenty or Yellow Brick Road, I can't remember. It was great to have a big set of fabrics and a pattern that would make a bed-sized quilt. They said they would un-bundle the pattern if we did't need it, but we wanted the pattern, too.

One thing to remember is that you could bundle all 36 fabrics into 3 groups, and take them apart and sell them in smaller groups if they haven't sold after a reasonable time. 36 FQ will make a quilt large enough to cover a king size bed. I think it's nice to have all the coordination of colors and patterns done so I can just pick it up and start cutting.

Darren
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 AM

I also would love to know what a full set like this would go for - and where do we find them!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:12 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Well, they just arrived this week... which would mean that stores all over the place should be receiving theirs, too, right about now. It's by Benartex, and Nancy Halvorsen is quite popular, so there's a good chance you could find these in any shop that usually carries Benartex. It's a nice group for spring, anyway.

Or PM me.

As to price... twice the wholesale cost would make the price $90 for the full bundle, and I've seen some websites selling it for that. But not every shop doubles their cost, so I'm sure you will be able to find it for less.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 AM

There are many quilt patterns where the blocks are all the same design but each block uses different colors. I have bought several packets with assorted fat quarters that are from the same line of fabric and made twin to double quilts and only had to buy fabric for the backing.

Many books are available with patterns for fat quarters if you are interested.

Also you can just make squares or strips and sew them together and have a really nice strippy/scrappy quilt.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
This is what the group looks like, so you can all see how hard it is to figure out how to split the groups up.

My first thought was to group them by color... but there really is not enough variation in light - dark to make it really "sing".
I f you are going to break up the set, I would put different prints in each group, amy one fron all the colors. I try not to use 2 of the same print, even in different colors in the same quilt if I can help it., I'd tend to not use all the dots, or flowers or whatever. Although I have donea piece where they were all the same print. But that was a piece to just showcase a line.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 AM

I really like being able to purchase the entire set - they all match - go together - I don't have to worry about what to put with them. I try to buy entire collections and have purchased several very large ones and never regretted it. If you decide to sell by the whole set - I would definitely be interested.