Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Birthday Party Favor Bag for my 90 year old Mom >

Birthday Party Favor Bag for my 90 year old Mom

Birthday Party Favor Bag for my 90 year old Mom

Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 AM

Default Birthday Party Favor Bag for my 90 year old Mom

I met with my sisters this weekend to plan my Mom's 90th Birthday Party in March 2015. I came up with an idea to make embroidered personalized fabric party favor gift bags for 120 people. Everyone loves the idea so now I need to come up with a embroidery design and bag pattern and then make 120 bags!

I've got plenty of time if I get started now. My Mom's name is Eileen Rose Dunn. She loves roses and red is her favorite color.

I'm having trouble figuring out what wording to use on the bag. I want to embroider roses and her name on the bag along with a special phrase. Dose anyone have suggestions for special wording to use for a 90 year old birthday celebration?

Also, I'm looking for a gift/tote bag pattern to use for the party favor bag. Does any know where to find a sewing/quilt pattern for this? I've done lots of research online and I'll keep looking today.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

I would look into an 'in the hoop' bag. My favorite site for these is MooseBStitchin:
http://moosebstitchin.net/cases_index.htm
As far as a saying, how about something like, "Rose, keep blooming!"
Whatever you choose to do, I would seriously consider purchasing a second hoop in the appropriate size. YOu can have one in the machine stitching, while preparing the second one to go right away. If you go with an in the hoop project, you can have 2 going at the same time. Sew first color on hoop 1, back design up and sew 1st color on hoop 2. Often, you will need to trim or add fabric so having 2 hoops going really speeds things up.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 08-26-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I would just decide how large of a bag you want to make and then start cutting out a pattern. I think PaperPrincess saying is great.