Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Birthdays >

Birthdays

Birthdays

Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Thank you ALL for the kind condolences on my birthday. . Turned out to be a pretty nice day. . still can't believe it.. sheesh. . I'm gearing up to help each and every one of you get through your momentous[ or tragic depending how you look at it] event. :D

All kidding aside, its pretty hard to believe.. but thanks for remembering!
:thumbup:
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM

Mine is October 25th and moved into my 41st year. Growing up I thought covering the gray hair was not necessary. My mom was proud of her gray, and declared she earned every one of them by raising her five kids, (two oldest, sis Dawn and I), being twins. I must admit, though, when I finished college, she confided some hostile ( :) ) feelings towards my dad who is nearly nine years older than her and honestly could not display very many of his own.

Then, a year ago my younger sister talked both Dawn and I into dying our hair, and I was astonished how much darker our hair had gotten too! It had changed so slowly over the years, we didn't notice the difference! People still knew we were natural blondes since you can hardly see our eyelashes and eyebrows without makeup, and even then the brows are still pretty light. Now, they still do not question it.

Now, I like my original blonde, and since I've chosen not to marry, and therefore have no kids, (no committed daddy, no kids!), I do not have the good reason my mom did to feel so proud.

Here's a good birthday story.

Every other family member was out of town, so Dawn and I decided to go up to Yosemite National Park for the long weekend, on the 24th.

Before taking off, we went to a sporting good's place that rented stuff, told them where and when we were going, and asked them what kind of tent we should rent, then did. We took some foam mattresses with us, and tons of blankets. We loaded it all into the back of a little white truck and left late in the evening.

We got there WAY after midnight and quickly decided where to set up the tent under the glare of the headlights.

We spent the next day enjoying the sights, smells and yes, even a coyote attempting to steal our hot dogs (when we turned away to dump out the melted ice), under the disapproving watchful eyes of a young couple with small children, who let us know that we should not feed the wild animals.

At first we thought the sound of the falling rain sounded so beautiful, and soon fell asleep under it's hypnotic spell. That was until I awoke to a damp feeling under me. I tried to wake my sister, but she was warm and DRY, so she didn't really wake up and sleepily suggested I move closer to her. Soon I could feel the moisture dripping from above and still underneath. After several more tries, I got mean and REALLY woke her up. She was shoked how wet she felt! We agreed the rest of the vacation was a lost cause and time to leave.

When we stepped out, our feet were covered to our ankles. We just zipped up the tent, dragged it to the truck and heaved it in.

We noticed the time as we left the Park - - we had been there for exactly 24 hours.

Happy birthday to all. It has either come or will in the future!
:)
Old 08-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

Mine is today. The big 49 :oops: Had a great day. Spent the day at the campground . We had a picnic and we had a nice walk near the lake. It was gorgeous.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11674.jpe   attachment-11696.jpe  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Happy Birthday Bev!!! My 49th is the 20th of September. You're only 4 weeks older than me!!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Happy Birthday Bev!!! My 49th is the 20th of September. You're only 4 weeks older than me!!
WAY COOL!!!!! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY HUN
Old 08-26-2009, 02:59 PM

You guys are all a bunch of babies! I turn 61 on September 1st. Sometimes the 16-year-old who lives in my head is kind of surprised by that!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM

lol Thanks!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
You guys are all a bunch of babies! I turn 61 on September 1st. Sometimes the 16-year-old who lives in my head is kind of surprised by that!
I would have thought you in your early to mid 50's. You look so good!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

lol your so funny. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY KIDDO
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Mine is April 4th, I was an early birthday present for my mom , who's birthday was April 13th. and my next one will be taking me where I don't want to go.....I will be 50 and cannot see how since I am sure I am only 30 something!!!!! :shock: