Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bloc Loc rulers >

Bloc Loc rulers

Bloc Loc rulers

Old 09-01-2023, 09:41 AM

Default Bloc Loc rulers

I have cut and lost several half square triangles trying to use the Bloc Loc rulers. I do not know where to put the ruler itself on the fabric piece. Can someone explain in detail how to use these rulers.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:01 AM

Sometimes watching is much easier than reading.. hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqb...=BlocLocRulers
Old 09-01-2023, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Logo on Low side keeps me accurate.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:30 PM

Seams should be pressed to one side otherwise the ruler won't work.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:55 AM

Onebyone said it correctly. When you lock the ruler on the seam have the logo at the bottom of the ruler. Remember not to pick up the ruler after trimming the first two sides. Slide the ruler along the seam to line up and trim the last two sides . Once you get the hang of it you will love them. A rotating cutting mat is a big help if you have one.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:12 AM

I use mine a lot, but rarely am cutting squares that are exactly the measure of the ruler. Right now I'm cutting several hundred 3" unfinished HST, and am using my 4.5" ruler. I've found I get much, much better results if I only cut two sides at a time, then flip the piece over and cut the other two (also requires flipping the ruler).

Might sound like a lot of work, but I line up 7, cut the right and top, (I'm right handed, otherwise it would be left and top) and move to the next. Then I pick them all up and remove the scraps, then lay the next set and continue. Once I've got them all cut on two sides, I start over laying them out in sets to cut the other two sides.

I've found it quite difficult to get all four sides cut at one time, so even if I'm cutting a block exactly the size of my rulers (I have 2.5 and 4.5 sizes) I normally still do two sides at a time. I've tried sliding the ruler, but I still can't get the left side cut without a good chance of the ruler slipping.

Last edited by Macybaby; 09-04-2023 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:30 PM

Currently making half square triangles from two charm packs and squaring up with my Bloc-Loc rulers. I'm lost without mine.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've found it quite difficult to get all four sides cut at one time, so even if I'm cutting a block exactly the size of my rulers (I have 2.5 and 4.5 sizes) I normally still do two sides at a time. I've tried sliding the ruler, but I still can't get the left side cut without a good chance of the ruler slipping.
I put some 3M Transpore tape on all my rulers. Works great.