Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Board Member Addresses/names >

Board Member Addresses/names

Board Member Addresses/names

Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM

I have purposely sent packages without putting my board name in or on the package.

Not sending a PM is not the end of the world.

One option is to do what was suggested - post "Got a Squishy Today from an Angel- Thanks a Million!" OR, (I'm getting old-fashioned)
do what your mother instructed anyway. Get out a pen and piece of paper.

More than once, I got a Handwritten thank-you card based solely on the information on the outside of the package. Ms. [Last Name], address, etc.

I can't tell you how thrilled I was! :thumbup:
Old 08-02-2010, 12:52 PM

I'm guilty, but had a senior moment realising what I did after mailing it, but I did send a pm to let them know what I had done. I received a squishy in the mail with No info from a swap and it took me forever to find out who to thank!!! We ALL make mistakes.
I'd also like to send things in the mail without having to ask someone their addy to remain anonymous. How do I do that? I don't want to be a Secret Angel Swap pal, just someone to send things as needed to someone without having to ask them in a pm what their addy is....
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I'd also like to send things in the mail without having to ask someone their addy to remain anonymous. How do I do that? I don't want to be a Secret Angel Swap pal, just someone to send things as needed to someone without having to ask them in a pm what their addy is....
I guess you could check their profile to see if they expressed interest in buying something on this board, or if they participated in a swap, then send a PM to the Seller or Swap partner and politely explain what you would like to do and you can probably get the address that way. I'm sure the Seller or Swap Partner would be happy to be in on your secret.

Or, if someone is giving something away on the Pay it Forward thread and gets tons of resonses, I'm sure the Giver would be happy to know that you can take a name or two off their 'waiting list.' Just PM the giver and ask for a name.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
No you are not be dumb, but I will have to say I have been guilty :oops:
me too
Old 08-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Yes, I have a feeling that I need to thank some people but the same thing has happened.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM

When I purchase something I usually write in the memo what I bought and somewhere on the check I write Raptureready. I'm sure there's been a time or two I've forgotten. I think that we all feel like we know each other and forget that we really don't.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Yes, I've had that trouble too. I went back to my PMs and so glad that we can see "all from" as well as "all to". That was the only way I figured out some. One lady did not even have a return address outside or inside, so had to figure out who it was from what I bought.
Another thing I wish is that all the original pictures stay up for awhile. Some are removing the pics as they are marked sold and I have needed the pic to make sure I got the right person to thank. If the items are marked "sold" or "pending", then there should be no confusion-- just envy that I didn't get there first.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I keep a list of names, address' with the screen names so that I can remember who is who. I also include if purchased or sold something from or to them. I also have my list of donation address' who I have given too and a list of those who have given to me. Helps keep me out of trouble. If I didn't do this I would be lost.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Google Goddess

good idea

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I keep a list of names, address' with the screen names so that I can remember who is who. I also include if purchased or sold something from or to them. I also have my list of donation address' who I have given too and a list of those who have given to me. Helps keep me out of trouble. If I didn't do this I would be lost.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:11 AM

Good idea!
I started doing this a few days ago!
Helps in keeping my sanity!