Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin Winder Cs6000i goes in spurts >

Bobbin Winder Cs6000i goes in spurts

Bobbin Winder Cs6000i goes in spurts

Old 02-22-2020, 11:07 PM

I have the Sidewinder and really like it. It will not work for my Husqvarna but it's great for my Singers and Janome.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:48 AM

One thing to check - make sure your speed control slider is all the way to the right. I have a Janome and if I don't have the control set to the highest speed, it winds incorrectly.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:07 AM

I bought the Simplicity Side WInder at Walmart for about $20 about a year ago. It turned out the Cheapo Brother I bought still in it's box at the thrift store for $20 had a broken bobbin winder!

It's ok but it is not a quality bobbin. I've tried different surfaces, I've tried battery and direct power. It consistently overfills the top half of the bobbin and goes down in a V shape, I add in an extra loop to the process with my finger and try and keep the fill even.

It is not a tight fill either, and some machines can be finicky about that. But basically I only get half a bobbin compared to winding one on my other machines -- unfortunately this bobbin doesn't fit any of my other winders.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

I started using prewound bobbins for all my sewing unless a special thread or color is needed. They are perfectly wound and are a big time saver. Just pick one up and put in bobbin. Why waste time with bobbin winding when you don't have to.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:09 AM

I have the Singer bobbin winder. I have had it for many years. It has never let met down and even allowed me the ability to wind thread onto small spool. Sometimes I need to take tread for embroidery off of very large spool because it is easier to handle on small spools. The Singer bobbin winder does the job nicely,.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltBaer View Post
One thing to check - make sure your speed control slider is all the way to the right. I have a Janome and if I don't have the control set to the highest speed, it winds incorrectly.
Hope this helps.
Thanks! I did check that and made sure it was wide open.