Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbins for Babylock Quest >

Bobbins for Babylock Quest

Bobbins for Babylock Quest

Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 AM

I have a Babylock Quest and have much trouble; but I know it's the dealer. I had bobbins that didn't fit. And when I order special feet, I bring them home and they don't fit. Their fault but it's so depressing. For instance, I wanted the foot that sews circles. I was so excited. Doesn't fit the Quest. That's happened three times with this dealer (only one here) and I found the special feet originally on the Babylock website which refers you to your local dealer. Bummer!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM

Thanks for your reply Sunnye. I am going to try the dealer that is about 70 miles away. Good road trip for me and DH. The only dealer in my town is the one I am having trouble with. I think they have a cheap supplier that has no quality control. Either that or they just don't care about Quest owners. Other than this, do you like your machine?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 AM

Yes, I like my machine. After what?, three or four years I'm finally getting used to it! I'm not used to a sewing machine being so finiky about threads and such. But I do love what I can do with it and the possibilities with what I'm still learning to do.
This is my one and only machine. I'd love to have others, like a mid-arm, embrodery machine, etc. But with not enough money or talent on my part, I'm very happy with my BabyLock. When things go wrong I just remember what my husband says about the computer: Operator Error!
You?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM

When I ask for bobbins for my ellegante, they look up which Babylock part it is....I think your dealer mixed up all the bobbins and you have some that are the wrong bobbin for machine
Old 04-13-2012, 04:49 PM

It takes the L bobbin (also fits Pfaff). I purchased a package of 10 (what was thinking???)when I got my Quest Plus. I then purchased 20 more and my dealer gave me some metal ones, which hold a lot more thread. You probably had trouble with the feet, because I believe the Quest was made in the Pfaff factory. I do love the built in walking foot and the bigger harp space.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 PM

I generally love my machine. Like emmy said the large harp space is great and the built in walking foot is wonderful. I am going to try another dealer for bobbins. Of the 12 I bought from local dealer (that were all together in one container at the store) 6 won't fit on the spindle for winding. How weird is that? 6 fit, 6 do not. That is why I think they are using a sub-par supplier.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 AM

My saga continues. I went to return the bobbins that don't fit and a new sales person says "of course, this won't fit the winder" so I think NOW I have someone who knows. She looks over her stock and sees the problem (I think). She gives me about two doxen to take home and says you will have to just try them. I do..not ONE fits!!!!! I take them back and get my money.....4th trip to this dealer for something so simple.
Then I go to the next county and try another dealer....same thing. This time I took my machine so I wouldn't have to go home and try them, I could test right there in the store. The repair man did it and saw my problem himself.
I can't believe this!!! And I can't believe I am the only one that has run into this problem with the Quest. Am I?????