Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BOM by mail order >

BOM by mail order

BOM by mail order

Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 AM

I'm doing the Baltimore Christmas BOM by mail - my LQS isn't doing that one and I really loved it, so I am getting it from Stitchin Heaven.

The $25 fee is to help pay extra bookkeeping expenses. Then it's $25 or 30 a month for the kits. I opened the first one and those pieces are sooooooo small, I about had a heart attack. I've got the second kit already and haven't even started the first one.

These may wait around to see if my skill and knowledge ever catch up with my ambition! :mrgreen:
Old 09-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by A1penny
If you love the pattern and are convinced to buy it...I would suggest that you call the shop and ask is this the original fabric!
This was the case with the first BOM I did, too. Fortunately, I like the substituted fabrics as much as the ones shown on the pattern envelope - the quilt is just a little more subdued.

In my case, it worked out well because the quilt is actually more versatile than the original color scheme, but if I'd been in love with the original fabrics, I can see where this would be a real disappointment.