Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bonnie Hunter's wild and goosey

Bonnie Hunter's wild and goosey

Does anyone know if this is in one of her books, perhaps the newest one?

I have a friend who is a new Bonnie fan and she wants to make that one
    Thanks Sharyn!

When I googled it, Bonnie Hunter's site came up with the info that it is paper pieced and the templates are in the May/June Quiltmaker magazine. Hope this info helps your friend. That quilt has a lot of pieces!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

that magazine is only available as digital, and Joan doesn't 'do' computers
    but thank you

Actually, QuiltMaker is still in paper format. I have a subscription to it. If you aren't able to locate the pattern any other way, you could try the website, QuiltingCompany.com about ordering a copy of the magazine. This is listed in the front part of the magazine. Good luck 0n your search!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I am making this right now. Used to be a free template to make one of the sections on quiltmaker website but no longer available. Yes it is in her new book the full pattern. The magazine just has the template for the main block not the sashing. I am willing to take the magazine and cut out the template and page from the magazine and send to you free of charge. As I have her new book and have printed off the templates to do her layput from her book. Just PM me kalama quilts.
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
    Actually, QuiltMaker is still in paper format. I have a subscription to it. If you aren't able to locate the pattern any other way, you could try the website, QuiltingCompany.com about ordering a copy of the magazine. This is listed in the front part of the magazine. Good luck 0n your search!
    As I read more, and went to the above website, I don't think this info will be helpful for you at all. Sorry.

That can be found in her book Addicted to Scraps. It’s a fun pattern!

A member who also has the book offered to send the magazine pages to Joan. How nice is that??
    Thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    A member who also has the book offered to send the magazine pages to Joan. How nice is that??
    Thank you all!
    I love how everyone here helps out! So nice of her!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I don't like it when a pattern is free and then when someone makes it their own it is buy only.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 05-23-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Gay
    Blog Entries
    The pattern was in the 2013 May/June Quiltmaker magazine. If you follow her blog, Bonnie mostly has free patterns for a short time, then will include them in her books.

Bonnie wrote the pattern, after she had created a block for her bimonthly column. It was available for a long time for free. Now there is a separate charge for it. She still has several dozen free patterns on her site. Creating patterns and sharing her blog constitute her livelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by waltonalice View Post
    Bonnie wrote the pattern, after she had created a block for her bimonthly column. It was available for a long time for free. Now there is a separate charge for it. She still has several dozen free patterns on her site. Creating patterns and sharing her blog constitute her livelihood.
    I don't dispute that a pattern made from a 'free' block can be copyrighted.
    I don't think taking a block that is already known and has been free, give it a different name and say it's an original is just greedy. The template for the block is free to download at a lot of block sites.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.