Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: boo hiss. my machine is in for annual service

boo hiss. my machine is in for annual service

and other things needed fixing. So, I call today after waiting patiently for almost 2 weeks. I learned that the part that is needed is on back order. WAHHH...I want my machine back! I miss her. I have a three-day weekend this weekend and next and no machine. Guess I'll get a lot of hand work done as well as quilting a quilt on my HQ16. But I wanted to sew...

Laurie

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you need a back up vintage machine. Ebay is just a couple of clicks of the mouse away.

Blog Entries
    Not having a second machine is like having a washer but no dryer. I can live without a second machine but why would I want to?
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    You have my sympathy! Hopefully the part comes in soon. I always ask for a loaner when I bring in my machine. Some LQS do have ones they lend out.

Look at the goodwill store to see if they have a good cheapie you can use as a back-up.

I am so sorry, that is really the pits. I have back up machine so I do not have to go into withdrawals LOL.

Chocolate
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Sounds like you need a back up vintage machine. Ebay is just a couple of clicks of the mouse away.
    NYSQuilter, I am so sorry you machine is in the shop!

Ann... I love your enabling - LOL LOL LOL!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

In a way, I know how you feel. This morning I took my machine in for it's annual cleaning. I was told it would be at least two weeks and that was with no parts ordered. Why does it take so long? My great news is that my daughter bought me a 1952 Singer Featherweight recently. I wasn't too excited about oiling the machine; but, actually, oiling wasn't too bad and the machine sews like a dream! I will probably get two quilt tops made before I get my Bernina back. My Featherweight was very inexpensive on e-Bay because it did not come with anything. I was able to purchase the pressed feet, bobbins, etc. that I needed. I am so glad I have that back up machine.

Oh... I feel your pain!!! It is definately seperation anxiety ! Even with two machines , I hate having one gone.

It always pays to have a backup machine

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me this last fall. I took it in for annual service in October to get it back for holiday finishes. Bad idea...got it back between xmas and New Year. Ugh!

Went straight to Ebay and bought a backup and all is right in the world again.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I understand your pain. Mine has been in the shop for 11 weeks so far and counting. Good thing I have another one or two...or three...or

Blog Entries
    I hate when that happens!!!

When I had mine in, during the first year still under warrenty, it was 6 months to get the part. She said they send parts to the US in big shipping containers and they wait until there is a shipment going. This was a Viking machine.

I would have been in deep trouble without a back up machine.
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    Do you know someone who has a machine that they are not using? Or - get ready for the next annual well machine checkup and start looking on craigslist or the classifieds for a backup machine. Yard sales too! You will then not be machineless ever.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.