Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border help >

Border help

Border help

Old 08-09-2013, 02:54 AM
  #1  
Reb
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 206
Default Border help

I'm checking out border notions. Anyone ever use Borders Made Easy? I would be using a walking foot.

Thanks for any info.
Reb
Reb is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 558
Default

I am not familiar with that product. Can you post a description and/or picture?
Lee in Richmond is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
teddysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stanley NC
Posts: 981
Default

Never heard of it.
teddysmom is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 AM
  #4  
Power Poster
 
PaperPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 11,229
Default

HI, you are talking about the printed border patterns that come on a roll, correct? You pin it down and stitch thru the paper, removing it later. It works just fine, but keep in mind that there is a specific number of inches the pattern is designed for, so if your quilt border does not measure an almost exact multiple of the pattern, you have to compensate somehow. I tried one once and prefer marking.
PaperPrincess is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 AM
  #5  
Power Poster
 
mighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upland CA
Posts: 18,376
Default

Sorry I have not heard of it!
mighty is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 AM
  #6  
Reb
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond View Post
I am not familiar with that product. Can you post a description and/or picture?

http://www.quiltingmadeeasy.com/bordersmadeeasy.html


There is the web address. Sorry I don't know how to make it so you can just click and go there.
Reb is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 07:50 AM
  #7  
Reb
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
HI, you are talking about the printed border patterns that come on a roll, correct? You pin it down and stitch thru the paper, removing it later. It works just fine, but keep in mind that there is a specific number of inches the pattern is designed for, so if your quilt border does not measure an almost exact multiple of the pattern, you have to compensate somehow. I tried one once and prefer marking.
Thanks for responding. I have heard so many things about marking quilts. It seems everyone likes and dislikes the same products and there are so many out there I don't know what to choose. What do you recommend?
Reb is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 AM
  #8  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16,801
Default

Originally Posted by Reb View Post
Thanks for responding. I have heard so many things about marking quilts. It seems everyone likes and dislikes the same products and there are so many out there I don't know what to choose. What do you recommend?
It's all personal ... what one likes, the other may not!

Sometimes we just have to take the "risk" ... and step out and try things and know for ourselves what is "right" for oneself.
QuiltE is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AFQSinc
Main
15
06-19-2012 12:35 PM
nabobw
Pictures
24
06-22-2011 05:14 AM
nabobw
Pictures
107
05-26-2011 03:28 PM
nabobw
Pictures
129
03-18-2011 12:57 AM
fidgety
Pictures
42
10-16-2010 06:39 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.