Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For Boston1954 >

For Boston1954

For Boston1954

Old 09-23-2008, 04:07 PM

Boston, to answer your question..............I use an embroidery needle with a large eye for the No. 5 pearle cotton floss. i wet the end and flatten it between my finger nails to thread the needle. I use a finger cot to help bring the needle through the fabric. Hope that helps. You don't want the eye too large.in other words..not a needle for crewel embroidery.

Linda D.

PS. Sorry I couldn't send a message with a PM ........it wouldn't let me for some odd reason........I kept getting errors. I am on dial up this week........yuck......lol!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM

They have a needle threader for bigger thread . It is flat metal, looks a bit like a key...helps getting it threaded :D
Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for getting back to me. I have many needle threaders. Jim bought me several packages a couple of years ago. He also got me some needles (could not find size 22, so he got size 24) and needle pullers last night. What a great guy I have. I started the quilting last night. It took about 2 1/2 hrs to get one leaf done. It looks great, but my thimble finger hurts. :(

Anyway, since I have til Dec 31st, I guess I will take it slowly.

Anne

Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM

boston, I use a leather thimble on my middle finger and a finger cot on my thumb .......it helps me pull the needle through a lot easier and it makes a faster go of it........for me anyway. Also, I pin a lot and don't use a hoop. It eliminates finger pain for me that way.

Hope that helps,

Linda D.