Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bounce fabric spray

Lightbulb Bounce fabric spray

I found the Bounce fabric spray at Wal-Mart.It is 16 oz. for $2 96 plus tax.There had been a coupon on them but had been removed.I asked the cashier about it and she thought it was for .25 cents off.Oh well always late.I tried it and do like it.Not as expensive as Best Press.Now think I will get 1 to add to quilt retreat door prizes.

Huh? Who knew that there was a spray. I use Best Press an I buy it from Mary Ellen's website. She usually has free shipping. I buy the gallon size. Need to look for Bounce.

Blog Entries
    I found it at our local Walmart. Only three bottles so I bought all of them. I like it a lot. Same as Best Press just different scent. If you have a Tuesday Morning store in your area, I found a quart spray bottle of Linen Press for $4.99. It is for pressing sheets, etc and I can't tell a bit of difference from Best Press. It has a light clean scent. Made in France.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Got fabric?

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Actually I think the coupon was for $1.00 off, thats what it was for when I found it at Wal-Mart and Target as well. LOVE IT!!!
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Thanks Bellaboo,there is not a Tuesday Morning near me,I live in the mountains of North GA.But there is 1 at Buford near my DS and DDIL.I will ask my DDIL to check on it for me.I wish I had gotten it when it had a dollar off coupon.

I will pick some up and give it a try.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I found it at our local Walmart. Only three bottles so I bought all of them. I like it a lot. Same as Best Press just different scent. If you have a Tuesday Morning store in your area, I found a quart spray bottle of Linen Press for $4.99. It is for pressing sheets, etc and I can't tell a bit of difference from Best Press. It has a light clean scent. Made in France.
    I will check out Tuesday morning, haven't found the bounce spray at our local walmarts yet.

thank you for the info i will check it out next time i am at Walmart!! thanks Bella for the tip at Tuesday Mornings

Someone posted on the boards that she always cut her Mary Ellen's in half with water. I've been doing it ever since and I for one, cannot tell the difference except it goes further!

I will be checking out the Bounce spray and Tuesday Morning! Great tips!
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

I know what bounce sheets are for; however, what is the spray for???? Teresa

My question also?????

I know that Bounce sheets have itty bitty bits of fiberglass in them and my daughter has sensitive skin and I don't want to be wearing fiberglass. But we have found other uses for them....
    Two things...
    1. Bounce sheets work very well to keep mice out of those stadium chairs that fit in a bag and get stored in my garage on a shelf...
    1. Where is it made? (I am trying to buy Made in America)
    I have heard that the other brand is made in America...

Power Poster
    Thanks for sharing that information, I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at Wallie World.

Blog Entries
    I will check out Tuesday morning, thanks for the tip

Blog Entries
    Bounce spray is an ironing spray not a starch. It adds crispness to the fabric. I have big jug size refill of ME Best Press and I really like the fine spray on the Bounce better them on the Best Press bottle. I will refill the Bounce with the Best Press. I have two boxes of powder Argo starch that you boil. I need to give that a try. My mother use to use the powder starch. My gathered skirts on my dresses would stand out stiff as a board. LOL
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I bought the Linen Press at Tuesday Morning and I really like it...almost hate to try a different one.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    So the Bounce Spray has the nice stiffness effect that Best Press has?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Are these products for pressing the quilts after you wash them? Or am I missing the point all together? LOL

I didn't know There was a Bounce ironing sprsy. I'll have to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbsCA View Post
    Are these products for pressing the quilts after you wash them? Or am I missing the point all together? LOL
    They are for giving the fabric body without the flakiness of spray starch.

I am glad Walmart finally got it in. They told me Target carried it however the one near me didn't. It use to be called Dryel Alternitive spray or something like that. They added the Bounce scent and renamed it. I really could do without the scent myself. But if all else is the same I loved it. I will look in Tuesday Morning for the linen spray. Although I have been making my own with vodka , water and essential oils.

Quote Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
    Someone posted on the boards that she always cut her Mary Ellen's in half with water. I've been doing it ever since and I for one, cannot tell the difference except it goes further!

I will be checking out the Bounce spray and Tuesday Morning! Great tips!
    diluting the Best Press to 1/2 strength with water is what was recommended by a quilt teacher I had. She uses it on the quilt backs after loading them instead of ironing the backs before loading. It works great for everything.

I dilute the Best Press and can't tell any difference. I like the scent and the feel of the fabric. I never keep anything around long enough to attract bugs, so that hasn't been a problem.
    Sue

Red face Best press

Did you know that you can make your own Best Press. You need a spray bottle, then you fill it up with 3 parts water and 1 part Vodka. It works like a charm. So just remember 3 to 1.

We were laughing at Quilting you could spray one for the fabric and one for you!!! lol.

Dkm
    I bought some of the Bounce. I liked it with the exception of the added scent. The coupon was for a dollar off....if you bought a dryer bar with the starch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast