Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bounce ironing spray is wonderful!

I'm a convert too. Love the stuff. I get it at Walmart, but you can't always find it. When I do I pick up two bottles.
    Arlene

This will be on the top of my list when I next head to the States. This product is not available in my part of Ontario and I can't even buy any kind of liquid starch here. The only thing I can buy is the Aerosol spray starch or Best Press. They may wonder at the border why I will have a case or two of starch to declare. I intend to share it with my quilt buddies at my Stitch and Share group.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by judys View Post
    Has anyone made their own 'best press'? Someone told me there is a recipe for it and it includes vodka, a tiny amount of lavender scent and I can't remember what else. Anyone have the recipe?
    I make my own starch for pennies a quart...It makes the iron glide over the fabric. It has no sent unless you want it to. You can add a sent if you like. It does not flake. You can control the stiffness of the starch. I have been making this for years. I got the recipe years ago on a web site featuring Alex Anderson....

I had never heard of it. I'm going to check for it next time I'm at Walmart. Sounds like good stuff. Thanks for all the info.
    Kim

T.

Isn't it the husband not-finding-things normal?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    I went over to the bounce site and put in my zip and found it at tons of stores here.
    There was CVS, Walgreens, walmart, safeway, home depot, lowes, costco, kmart, target, sam's club just to name a few stores.

But, when I asked hubby to get it at walmart the other day, he said they didn't have it. ???
    I don't know about yours, but mine sometimes can't find milk in the grocery store either, lol

I just picked some up at walmart, it had a $1 coupon on it.

Blog Entries
    How does it compare to the Magic Sizing for 99cents at Walmart? I love the Magic Sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
    How does it compare to the Magic Sizing for 99cents at Walmart? I love the Magic Sizing.

I have used Magic sizing for years and years and LOVE it!! For less than a dollar, it does the job very well. I always spray my fabric, iron it every which way, spray again, and iron again BEFORE I ever lay a ruler on to make my first cut. I have almost no shrinkage, peices go together well and I use it to lightly spray as I am setting seams. I use about a full can on an average size lap quilt.

PS....I do NOT pre=wash but just use the Magic sizing. I did find a bottle of Bounce spray over the Memorial weekend and gave it a try. There is a LOT of fragerence and for people who don't care for smells, they would not like this!!! It was OK and now about 10 days later, the fragerence is still there!!

Blog Entries
    Anything out their non-scented, thank you for sharing.
    Mary

I haven't found it either.
    Have a nice day and a safe one too!

Yes it is, I love it too!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    Unfortunately, because of the "very pleasant scent", I cannot use it. I am terribly allergic to man-made scents.
    I can't use things like that either.

I just tried this today for the first time as a result of recommendations on the board. That is wonderful stuff. Worth the looking to finally find it. Smell is so pleasant and the results are so crisp.

Wow, it must be good stuff if it is better than Mary Ellen's Best Press! I' m going to have to try it.

I can not find this in my area. I tried all the places that the website showed. I emailed them and they told me to call a phone number...that number didn't get me to anyone.... grrrr.

I did find this website and ordered several bottles from them. http://www.laundrybagsupply.com/

What is the price you all are paying?

Here is a phone number you can use to contact them...1-800-435-6223. They also gave me their website. http://www.amazinghomeproducts.com/index.cfm

LOL! What a waste of vodka!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2