Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boundless blenders, boundless solids.  Any good? >

Boundless blenders, boundless solids. Any good?

Boundless blenders, boundless solids. Any good?

Old 11-26-2019, 07:11 AM

Default Boundless blenders, boundless solids. Any good?

Boundless fabric is on sale at Blueprint/Craftsy. I think it might be their own brand. How do these compare with Kona? Has anyone used them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 11-26-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:22 AM

Well I found a comparison of at least the white fabric with Kona and a few others.
https://www.sewcanshe.com/blog/2016/...-texture-sheen
Old 11-26-2019, 07:37 AM

My personal experience is that I generally find the Boundless fabrics a little thinner and stretchier. Even though I have a Bluprint membership, so free shipping and some good deals, I don't buy them. I bought several 5 inch packs of their Fractals line, thinking the patterns were so great, but once I received the small pieces, I didn't turn around and order yardage. I wish Kona would pick up Fractals because I adore the designs! I have a kit that Bluprint gave me for "free" with my membership and I think that fabric is stretchier than I'm accustomed to, making it semi-difficult to piece the rather complicated design. I am not a fabric or thread snob. BTW, it's a huge quilt, very intricate and is still turning out pretty overall, just a little harder to work with when piecing things on the bias.

In general, I like the Kona cottons, followed maybe by Michael Miller. I steer clear of Moda, to be honest because I think it's thin. I find the Grunge line especially so. I'm surprised when anyone says they prefer Moda to Kaufman and think they must be mixing up their fabrics or something.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 AM

I agree that the Boundless is a little thinner. I’ve gotten a number of kits with the white in it, and I’ll substitute Kona because the Kona isn’t as thin.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:44 AM

I don't know about the solids, but I do like the Boundless Blenders Botanical. It has a soft "hand" and doesn't feel thin to me. I have bought it for backs of quilts, and it looks and feels nice. Thanks for asking this question - it got me back to their website and I think I'll buy a little more!
Old 11-28-2019, 04:01 AM

The Boundless fabric I had ordered was ended up being given away. To thin...colors not lasting.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:30 AM

I have a bunch of boundless collage fat quarters that I think are very nice. Bluprint has another line of prints - Lily and Loom, that I don't like.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:28 AM

I stopped buying Kona solids, they produced too much lint that was difficult to clean off my cutting mat.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:32 AM

I just finished a quilt using a jelly roll of all Kona cotton and it worked just fine. I did not notice an abundance of lint and for using a jelly roll that is unique. I have used Kona cotton a lot as a fill in for Linus quilts and have always been happy with it. But I guess when you only use smaller amounts it makes a difference.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:10 PM

Mine smelled pretty harsh when I first opened it. I have been reluctant to order it again because of that, but it washed and sewed up fine. Overall, I like BluPrint and find it convenient, but worry about what noxious chemicals were released when I opened the package.