Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bow Tuck Purse

Blog Entries
    What level of expertise do you think these are? I'm interested, but all I can think of is, "I'm not talented enough."

TIA

If you can follow a pattern you can do a bow tuck. If you get stuck you can always ask for help that is what we are here for! You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    If you can follow a pattern you can do a bow tuck. If you get stuck you can always ask for help that is what we are here for! You can do it!
    I sure hope you're right!! I just ordered the pattern after thinking about it for a couple of weeks. There's just something about the bow tuck and everyone who is making them. I just have to give it a try!!! Wish me luck!

Blog Entries
    I shied away from getting the pattern because I have problems fallowing patterns. But I have just finished my 2nd Bow Tuck. Liked the pattern so much that I also bought the the pattern for the mini version. This is a pretty easy pattern to fallow. No tissue paper pattern to carefully cut around. The directions were very easy to fallow. Go for it. You will be glad that you did.

Just go for it. The first is always the hardest, but if you get stuck, at least you can get answers here.
    I finished my 4th or maybe it's the 5th last night. Only takes me a couple of hours now, instead of all day.

what is a bow tuck ?

It's a purse pattern. If you do a search at the top, ther'll be many links to pics.
    I wondered about this for a long time, but was too shy to ask.

I made my first one last week, it's that hard at all I was really surprise!

It's not hard, but maybe make the first one out of inexpensive fabric, because you will get better and faster with every one you make

Blog Entries
    They're not hard. Just take it one step at a time. Read the entire pattern first to give you an overall idea of how it's put together. I made mine with Laurel Burch fabrics and everywhere I go people comment on it.

I had trouble at first, then I read the tutorial on this board. The pictures and explinations helped me a lot.

Don't worry, it's a piece of cake.

I'm new at this and bought the pattern. When I first read the instructions I thought what did I get myself into. After getting help with the first step and learning what "boxed corners" were, it was a piece of cake. It helped that I was able to get help from a couple people on this board. If you get stuck just ask. Once you have made your first one it will be real easy for you. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    If you get stuck just ask. Once you have made your first one it will be real easy for you. Have fun.
    There has been lots of positive reinforcement for my jump into the Bow Tuck Purse!! And don't worry...if I get stuck I'll ask real quick...and loud!!! :lol: