Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother 1500 >

Brother 1500

Brother 1500

Old 09-08-2011, 05:12 PM

I think I'm in love or reallly really like. Just tried my friends Brother on a frame. Oh my gosh I really have to have one (frame). I'm planning on getting the Brother for Xmas. Anyone know where to get an affordable beginner frame. :D
Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 PM

check craigslist
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 AM

My local shop gave me a good deal on this kind of setup.
I have the Imperial frame which can be set up for small quilts or large quilts, the small frames are to small for anything but baby quilts. I was thinking of the future and a long arm machine someday.
The machine is a Baby Lock Jane which is identical to the Brother 1500.
The two pieces ran 1500 dollars but I added a stitch regulator which I love. These run 499 for all the strait stitch machines.
I wanted to buy from a local shop so if I have problems they will take care of it. Glad I did as it is not as simple as I thought. Took the installer from 10am to 4pm to put it all togather and he does this for a living. There is a million parts and lots of wires to contend with.
The one thing I do not like is the complicated threading of the machine, its like going back to the dark ages of sewing machines with a dozen different steps to threading.
Im so spoiled with the simple threading of my other two machines that I cant use with the frame because no stitch regulator for them.
There is a big learning curve also not just the sewing but setting up the frame with leaders and other things you will want like pantograms.
But I still love it and so far have ruined two practice quilts with my awful free motion quilting. It is stressful to learn since the machine carriage is so easy to move that you can get off the pattern in the blink of the eye.