Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Dream Quilter 15 >

Brother Dream Quilter 15

Brother Dream Quilter 15

Old 10-09-2021, 06:28 AM

Lightbulb Brother Dream Quilter 15

I am considering buying the Brother Dream Quilter 15 DQLT15X. I want to know from those who have it/had it their honest opinions. I had a Tin Lizzie and hated it (never worked right). I am afraid at the price point that this might be the same disaster or a happy accident! I can get the longarm, frame (continuum II), bar light, and automation for 6999. My other brand choice is a handi quilter.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:03 AM

I am looking to replace my Brothers 1500se. It died on me. I was just looking at the Brother Dream Quilter 15 DQLT15X and it looks like a nice replacement. I would not have to replace my Original Grace Frame either. I have no experience with the Dream Quilter. I do like Brothers machines though.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

That machine which I test drove is identical to the Q’nique 15 which I also test drove and might be cheaper. Made by Brother. I am still fine with my Brother PQ 1500. I don’t think for me a different machine would improve my skills (speaking just for myself - I’ve tried out all the sit down and stand up long arms). As my friend says “it’s the wizard not the wand” haha.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:34 AM
mkc

If the Brother is identical to the Grace Q'Nique 15/Block RockIt (which it appears to be), spend some time on the Grace Q'Nique owner/users' Facebook page to research the issues folks have had.

I would be much more inclined to consider at a HandiQuilter model than a Grace one. The support from the HQ factory is great, and there are lots of online tutorials/videos as well. The frames are more robust, too.

I researched both and ended up with a HQ Amara.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:33 PM

I've had a q'nique 21 for 3 years and love it. Grace is wonderful with customer support and there are several FB pages.

my understanding is that Grace makes the Brother as well. I had a HQ16 before the Q'nique and i loved it.but I wanted a bigger throat and HQ prices were higher. $$$ was the deciding factor for me.

Last edited by cathyvv; 10-17-2021 at 07:42 PM.