Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Embroidery Sewing  Machine 400e >

Brother Embroidery Sewing Machine 400e

Brother Embroidery Sewing Machine 400e

Old 02-23-2015, 04:43 AM

Default Brother Embroidery Sewing Machine 400e

I am looking for a machine to do nice quilt labels with, monagram golf towels, use embroidery designs on small quilting projects & etc. Does this machine have a quarter inch foot or could it be used for quilting also? I am looking for a machine to do these things and not have a lot of money wrapped up in it. Is the 4 inch hoop too small?
Old 02-23-2015, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Most quilter's think that most quilters would be TOO limited with a 4" hoop. Brothers does have ALL those tempting Disney designs.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:02 PM

Some people are satisfied with the 4in, I rarely use mine and would feel restricted. Not sure on this machine about the cost but if you are only doing labels then this would be fine as far as the hoop size. This is a very addicting habit to get into so if you do I'd either buy an cheap one it'll be fine for now knowing I might get bored and want a larger one in the future. Most of the ones unless dedicated emb machines can sew straight and decorating stitches so it should come with or you can buy the 1/4 in foot. Have you checked Brother's web site, they normally show what they with their machines. If you think you may trade it in in the future I'd consider buying one from a dealer and you'll be more apt to be able to trade it in on your next one. Find stores around you and try out as many as you can to see what features are available and what suits you; we're all different

Just wanted to add and this comes from a Brother dealer, not all Brother machines can use Disney designs on them. This is a misconception by many and then get disappointed after they buy their machines.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM

Also you might want to check the embroidery design collections for the 4" size designs. The last one I purchased didn't go below the 5" x 7" size.