Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Innovis Quilt Club 1000 sewing machine >

Brother Innovis Quilt Club 1000 sewing machine

Brother Innovis Quilt Club 1000 sewing machine

Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 AM

Default Brother Innovis Quilt Club 1000 sewing machine

My daughter found 2 machines at an estate sale coming up and asked about them. One is a Brother Innovis Quilt Club 1000. I found that it is discontinued and that was about $1500-$1800 new. They want $600 for it... does that sound reasonable for this machine? The 2nd one is a Brother Disney sewing/embroidery machine SE270D. They want $200 for it but it only embroiders 4 x 4. I couldn't find an original price on this but I told her that for $200 it would probably worth it just as a sewing machine. Any opinions?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:26 AM

The qc1000 is a nice machine but the 270 probably ran about 350 so I would pay about 100 only
Old 09-29-2020, 08:52 AM

I agree with Dolphyn about the SE270D. My husband bought one for me about 15 years ago, I think he paid $300. The D stands for Disney; the machine came pre-loaded with licensed Disney embroidery designs.

FYI. That 270 is not really a repairable machine. Years ago I took it in to get the light bulb changed because I couldn't figure out how to do it myself. The tech told me it's hard-wired into the machine and not replaceable. He said that machine was basically considered "disposable". Then about 5 months ago, I took it to a different tech because the handwheel had become very stiff to turn. The tech, bless his heart, an older retired guy who can't sit still and loves to repair stuff, took it apart and said it's really not repairable. Many parts were not available for him to purchase, and most were installed in a way that required destroying the machine just to replace them. So I guess the first tech was right about it being disposable.

Last edited by Peckish; 09-29-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:07 AM

The Brothers SE270D is one that I would not pay more than $50.00 for. Not only does she not know how hard this machine was worked but because of the inability to repair it and the disposable nature of the machine it was not made to last long. It is great for a beginner machine and great for smaller embroidery but used is not worth that much. This is one better to by new than used.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:33 AM

For both machines, parts are no longer available. I see a lot of searches for the emb unit for the 270D. It might mean that the emb unit goes bad first. Actually, both will need design cards to embroider. These can get expensive, so the economical route is to buy transfer software -- the Brother Basic ( no 'S') .pes format reader/ writer box. The innovis I would personally pay 500 for it, if offered.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
For both machines, parts are no longer available. I see a lot of searches for the emb unit for the 270D. It might mean that the emb unit goes bad first. Actually, both will need design cards to embroider. These can get expensive, so the economical route is to buy transfer software -- the Brother Basic ( no 'S') .pes format reader/ writer box. The innovis I would personally pay 500 for it, if offered.
Are you saying that you can't get parts for the Innovis or just the Disney one? The Innovis is a quilting machine not an embroidery machine.