Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother PC-420 PRW Limited edition Project Runway >

Brother PC-420 PRW Limited edition Project Runway

Brother PC-420 PRW Limited edition Project Runway

Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 PM

I have been reading about this machine but have sewn on a Babylock Proline 6600 built in 1996 ever since that time. I am in the market for a new machine only for all the functions of the new ones. Has anyone had or have this machine? If you do or did please give me some pointers. I will try the machine out but I would like some feedback from you quilters before I make a puchase because I trust your judgement. I have enjoyed this board every day since joining in Feb. I have learned so much . Am doing my first QAYG and will post pics when I complete it.Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

I read some good reviews on the machine. I don't understand why they call it a Project Runway machine. I've watched the show and never saw this machine being used. All the machines were industrial.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't understand why they call it a Project Runway machine. I've watched the show and never saw this machine being used. All the machines were industrial.
Maybe it's a promotional thing. Brother is probably a sponsor and figured since we all saw the Brother name on the machines we might like to buy one of their home models.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't understand why they call it a Project Runway machine. I've watched the show and never saw this machine being used. All the machines were industrial.
Maybe it's a promotional thing. Brother is probably a sponsor and figured since we all saw the Brother name on the machines we might like to buy one of their home models.
This is EXACTLY what the deal is!

I love my brother machines but agree that the machine that has the project runway name on it is NOTHING like the machine that they actually use on Project Runway!