Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother quattro 2 >

Brother quattro 2

Brother quattro 2

Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM

I have looked at several different embroidery machines and hands down the Quattro 2 is the best. I recently bought it and paid cash for it at $7000 which included tax $458. Best purchase I've ever made regarding any type of electronics.

This machine purrs like a baby. It comes fully loaded and has everything I was looking for and than some. I dad done my research before going to a dealer and knew what it was selling for in most places. The cheapest I had found it at online for dealers was at $8996.

This machine is so intuitive its not even funny. As a machine it does more than embroider and you can sew, quilt also with it. I may use those features one day but for now I bought it as an embroider machine.

I had looked at Babylocks Ellismo but felt it was lacking things that I was looking for at the time which now escapes me.

This machine has two usb ports (one for your usb flash drives, and one for your mouse) and has a port for your laptop/computer. I love the larger sizes of the hoops. It has a resume function that some machines does not have. It also has custom design feature which is accessed from the CD included in the package. It has print and stitch technology which some machines do not have. I especially love the onscreen Auto resizing up to 200% of original design and in playing with it I found I can use the mouse to enlarge certain designs even higher than what the original design is if you want to.

Some of the other features I especially love are the Pen Tablet which allows me to embroider hand drawn designs and signatures and the Bobbin Work Kit which includes 14 Embroidery Patterns. It also has camera-like InnovEye Technology which is a plus for me. I also like the Snowman Embroidery Positioning Maker which most other machines don't have. I also like the 4 included embroidery hoops which many machines don't have but one or two at the most in the smaller sizes. I could go on and on with features this machine has that no others have.

I especially love the embroidery quilting it will do. It is absolutely awesome. I've seen first hand from our embroidery instructor her quilting she has done on this machine all embroidered and it looks more professional looking than some professional quilters do.

What is also nice is the 11 On-Screen Instructional Videos. No need to try and find it in a book or online. Although it is good to go online at a place like youtube and others to see what folks are creating with this machine.

I especially like to use it to do lace, tatting, and cutwork with. It makes beautiful gift items.

I had it a week before every trying it out because I wanted to learn all I could first so use it to view the video's included in the machine as well as play with the features to get familiar with how it works.

There isn't anything this machine won't do. It even has 36 built-in quilting stitches including the 1/4" and mock hand quilting stitch.

Another most important feature for me was "does it allow sewing using the start/stop button" and it does unlike other machine combo's I've seen on the market. Most of the others require you use the foot pedal for sewing/quilting and a start/stop button for embroidery. The Quattro 2 allows using the start/stop button for sewing and you never have to use the foot pedal.

I'm very happy still experimenting to see what this baby will do and loving it. When I went to the dealer he was trying to show me models that cost in the 4-5 g range and I wasn't having it cause I already knew what I wanted so he went ahead and ordered it. I don't think he was going to argue with me with cash in hand. LOL

What one has to consider is "what do you want it to do"? And you do research on what you want it to do and go for that one. Also if you can have cash in hand goes along way to getting what you want at the price you are willing to pay for it. I truly was expecting to pay close to 8 g's for it so went there prepared to pay that much but they had a sale going on at $7500 and some change and I asked him what was the best price he could give if I paid cash. I don't think he took me seriously and thought I'd use a credit card but I wish I had a camera when he saw me pull out $100 bills. He wanted $7000 if cash and I told him the 7 g's would include tax. It took him a couple minutes to get over the shock and than said yes. I think he was pondering if he should or shouldn't and am happy he did.

Anyway now I digress GO FOR THE BEST MACHINE YOU CAN AFFORD based on the most important things you want it to do.

Buying a machine is no different than buying a house or say a car. Before buying these one usually will make a list of what you want in a home or in a car and than try to get the best price for it.

So get the best machine you can for what you can afford and maybe a few years down the road you can get an upgraded machine for what you can afford than.

I remember going to this same dealer at least 15-20 years ago to look at embroidery machines and they were nice and demonstrated it but back than $4500 for there top of the line machine was something I could not afford. Shoot I could not even afford a cheaper brand. I really did not have two nickels to rub together back than but I told myself one day I would get exactly what I wanted and would pay cash for it and almost two decades later that is exactly what I have done.

Prior to buying the Quattro 2 I was looking at Babylocks but something kept me from buying it. I knew it was lacking something and did not know what until I started researching and comparing machines and came across the Quattro 2. I actually was looking at the Innov-is 5000 and still wasn't satisfied with it nor the Ellismo Babylock until I kept searching and found the Quatrro 2. I had even looked at the Isadore and shortly was considering that one but like I said when I read all the Quatrro 2 did and viewed video's online and researched it more when I walked out of this house about 3 weeks ago I knew that was the one I was buying.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 AM

I have looked at several different embroidery machines and hands down the Quattro 2 is the best. I recently bought it and paid cash for it at $7000 which included tax $458. Best purchase I've ever made regarding any type of electronics.

This machine purrs like a baby. It comes fully loaded and has everything I was looking for and than some. I did do my research before going to a dealer and knew what it was selling for in most places. The cheapest I had found it at online for dealers was at $8996.

This machine is so intuitive its not even funny. As a machine it does more than embroider and you can sew, quilt also with it. I may use those features one day but for now I bought it as an embroider machine.

I had looked at Babylocks Ellismo but felt it was lacking things that I was looking for at the time which now escapes me.

This machine has two usb ports (one for your usb flash drives, and one for your mouse) and has a port for your laptop/computer. I love the larger sizes of the hoops. It has a resume function that some machines does not have. It also has custom design feature which is accessed from the CD included in the package. It has print and stitch technology which some machines do not have. I especially love the onscreen Auto resizing up to 200% of original design and in playing with it I found I can use the mouse to enlarge certain designs even higher than what the original design is if you want to.

Some of the other features I especially love are the Pen Tablet which allows me to embroider hand drawn designs and signatures and the Bobbin Work Kit which includes 14 Embroidery Patterns. It also has camera-like InnovEye Technology which is a plus for me. I also like the Snowman Embroidery Positioning Maker which most other machines don't have. I also like the 4 included embroidery hoops which many machines don't have but one or two at the most in the smaller sizes. I could go on and on with features this machine has that no others have.

I especially love the embroidery quilting it will do. It is absolutely awesome. I've seen first hand from our embroidery instructor her quilting she has done on this machine all embroidered and it looks more professional looking than some professional quilters do.

What is also nice is the 11 On-Screen Instructional Videos. No need to try and find it in a book or online. Although it is good to go online at a place like youtube and others to see what folks are creating with this machine.

I especially like to use it to do lace, tatting, and cutwork with. It makes beautiful gift items.

I had it a week before every trying it out because I wanted to learn all I could first so use it to view the video's included in the machine as well as play with the features to get familiar with how it works.

There isn't anything this machine won't do. It even has 36 built-in quilting stitches including the 1/4" and mock hand quilting stitch.

Another most important feature for me was "does it allow sewing using the start/stop button" and it does unlike other machine combo's I've seen on the market. Most of the others require you use the foot pedal for sewing/quilting and a start/stop button for embroidery. The Quattro 2 allows using the start/stop button for sewing and you never have to use the foot pedal.

I'm very happy still experimenting to see what this baby will do and loving it. When I went to the dealer he was trying to show me models that cost in the 4-5 g range and I wasn't having it cause I already knew what I wanted so he went ahead and ordered it. I don't think he was going to argue with me with cash in hand. LOL

What one has to consider is "what do you want it to do"? And you do research on what you want it to do and go for that one. Also if you can have cash in hand goes along way to getting what you want at the price you are willing to pay for it. I truly was expecting to pay close to 8 g's for it so went there prepared to pay that much but they had a sale going on at $7500 and some change and I asked him what was the best price he could give if I paid cash. I don't think he took me seriously and thought I'd use a credit card but I wish I had a camera when he saw me pull out $100 bills. He wanted $7000 if cash and I told him the 7 g's would include tax. It took him a couple minutes to get over the shock and than said yes. I think he was pondering if he should or shouldn't and am happy he did.

Anyway now I digress GO FOR THE BEST MACHINE YOU CAN AFFORD based on the most important things you want it to do.

Buying a machine is no different than buying a house or say a car. Before buying these one usually will make a list of what you want in a home or in a car and than try to get the best price for it.

So get the best machine you can for what you can afford and maybe a few years down the road you can get an upgraded machine for what you can afford than.

I remember going to this same dealer at least 15-20 years ago to look at embroidery machines and they were nice and demonstrated it but back than $4500 for there top of the line machine was something I could not afford. Shoot I could not even afford a cheaper brand. I really did not have two nickels to rub together back than but I told myself one day I would get exactly what I wanted and would pay cash for it and almost two decades later that is exactly what I have done.

Prior to buying the Quattro 2 I was looking at Babylocks but something kept me from buying it. I knew it was lacking something and did not know what until I started researching and comparing machines and came across the Quattro 2. I actually was looking at the Innov-is 5000 and still wasn't satisfied with it nor the Ellismo Babylock until I kept searching and found the Quatrro 2. I had even looked at the Isadore and shortly was considering that one but like I said when I read all the Quatrro 2 did and viewed video's online and researched it more when I walked out of this house about 3 weeks ago I knew that was the one I was buying.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 AM

I have the Baby Lock Ellissimo and would tell you that it is a dream. The Tacony Corporation makes Baby Locks. Nidec Corporation makes the Brothers.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM

I bought the Quattro 2 last July and haven't regretted it for a moment. It is a fabulous machine and I anticipate it will be the last machine I buy for a long, long time.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:55 PM

Hi everyone. I just got a used Brother Quattro 2 ($920.00, lucky me) What kind of cabinet/table do you use? The machine is way bigger than my other machines.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

The Tacony Corporation makes Baby Locks. Nidec Corporation makes the Brothers.
Baby Lock is privately owned but the majority of the machines are made in a Brother manufacturing plant using most of the same materials and specs. Both brands have the same quality, just different features in models.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:35 AM

i decide to buy Brother Quattro 2 or Brother Quattro 3 from https://yazirwansewing.com/embroider...vis-6750d.html

anyone use Brother Quattro 3 here ?

thanks