Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brother SQ-9000

Do you own this machine???

I saw this at my local walmart and was interested in finding out more about it . so I looked online and cant find one single shred of info!!! not walmart online or Brother online!

If you own this machine or have used it please let me know how you like it.

Are you sure the letters are SQ? If you google brother 9000 several listings will come up.

Hope this helps

stitchfancy

Yes it is. I was standing there looking at the box and wrote down the info. I cant find one online that REMOTELY looks like it. strange. it makes me wonder if its as good a machine as other Brother.

You're right, I couldn't find any information on the Brother website.

I did find this link on e-bay which tells the features of the machine. (No returns excepted!). I don't know if I would go for that as I belong to another forum where people have been complaining about broken items damaged while shipping.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brother-SQ-9000-...item3efe06720c

This is really a mind boggler. If the machine shown in the ebay ad listed by no1jan, is the one in question, then it looks exactly like the machine listed on AllBrands as XR9000.

Take a peek: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp24653-0098.html

I think I would be a little leary of the asking price on the machine on ebay

stitchfancy

I may be wrong, but I have heard that when places make a model, they sometimes change the model number just slightly when they sell it to WalMart. Sometimes stores will say they will match prices for merchandise if you find it at an competitor for a lower price...but it has to be the exact model. So, if the manufacturer has a unique number for the items they sell to WalMart to be sold at a lower price, then the competitor is safe as theirs is a different model number. Is the quality the same? I truly have no idea.

Blog Entries
    My mother and I just got the Brother XR-9000 this week. It looks just like this, with the same features. We love it. Automatic needle threader, one built in Monogram Alphabet, one touch button off/on, needle up/down, extended surface for quilting (14 inches), accessories, and the best of all, NOT NECESSARY to use the foot pedal. This has helped me tremendously with fatigue.

We paid $199 at Costco. It came with a 25 yr warranty and a hard cover.

Good luck!

(I looked at the ebay ad, I would be concerned because the seller has only sold 34 items, but this is a steal and a half!)

Blog Entries
    I can tell you with authority that it is not the kind of Brother machine you want to buy. They make a cheaper and less reliable machine for the Walmart stores. You will not find these at a regular Brother dealer and if you buy it you will not have any service warranty. You will be able to find a good machine at nearly the same price at a Brother dealer and will get a warranty and have probably free service the first year. That alone will be worth the difference. Also, if you take a machine purchased at Walmart to a dealer you always have to pay for service.

Just wanted to say that I have been quilting and sewing for six years on a cheap Brother XR-52 bought at Costco for about $100. It is a little workhorse and I have had no trouble with any of the features on it at all. Maybe I'm just lucky, but would not mind having another cheap Brother if this one ever gives up on me.

QuiltingGrannie just posted this evening that she has just bought this particular machine today but had not had time to play with her New Baby yet. I wish you girls many many happy Quilts on your new machines.

WOW! you are all so helpful!!! I knew you would be 8-)

I have a Brother I got at walmart two years ago that I LOVE! but being a handquilter I didnt need any extras. I have been learning to machine quilt and thought this might be the machine for me to get started on.

THANK YOU for your imput! now to talk the Dh into it ;-)

i was shoping for that same machine and found it on amazon but i bought this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
    for 166.00 free shipping
    mema

Also, check out Overstock.com they have a ton of machines, some new some refurbished, good prices and shipping is $2.95, sometimes $1 or even free. I just got a little Brother CS4000 for a back up. It was refurbished, but came with a 25 year warranty and is a nice little machine.

Blog Entries
    I bought it Friday. So far I really like it. It has a lot on it. It comes with detailed information on how to use everything. You pick the stich it even tells you what foot to use. Picking the stich is as easy as pushing a button. The feet all have letters. It comes with all the quilting feet. It has an error message that tells you if anything is wrong. It does very basic lettering. I have a thread called "my new machine". It has pictures. I think I am going to be very happy with it.
    You can pm me if you have any questions.

Glad you are loving your machine. Enjoy!

I knew someone would have some good things to tell me.

my main question with it is... my other Brother is computerized and when I turn the power off and then back on it dosent remember the last settings I had it set on. is the XR-9000 the same way?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel

my main question with it is... my other Brother is computerized and when I turn the power off and then back on it dosent remember the last settings I had it set on. is the XR-9000 the same way?
    It doesn't keep the last setting as far as I can tell. It always resets to the default setting. But, I have only used it for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel

It doesn't keep the last setting as far as I can tell. It always resets to the default setting. But, I have only used it for one day.
    Thank You
    that seems to be the only thing that bugs me about my Brother. but HEY if thats the ONLY thing then thats ok :)
    I have learned and bought a sticky note pad to write down my settings on before I turn it off.

I just got the SQ-9000 tonight from my parents. The only difference I can see from the XR-9000 (just going by pictures) is that the SQ is purple instead of blue. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet (since the only thread I have is my serger) so no clue how it works.

you can use that thread in the new machine

Blog Entries
    I'm glad we all enjoy our machines!

[quote=McQuilter]I can tell you with authority that it is not the kind of Brother machine you want to buy. They make a cheaper and less reliable machine for the Walmart stores. You will not find these at a regular Brother dealer and if you buy it you will not have any service warranty. "

I have to disagre with this, I bought the CS6000i (& I love it) at Walmart for about $170, I registered the warranty with Brother. After 6 mo. the foot pedal connection broke, I contacted Brother, was told to take it to the nearest dealer which I did. It was repaired quickly, nicely, & no pressure to buy from them, at no charge. That dealer even had to get a part from Brother-had no problems.
    Last year I wrote to Brother, asked them if there was any internal quality difference in machines made for discount stores over machines with similar features made for dealers but different model numbers. They replied that there was no difference in the internal quality.
    I love Brother machines, from the TOL's down to the low ends

thanks for the heads up! I will definatly register my machine :)

I was just given this machine today by my old room mate and it says right on the box SQ-9000 I havent opened the box yet but I have heard good things about Brother. I'm just so happy to have a machine that works, I have had my old singer for years and years and I have 2 black cast iron, treadle machines in the garage, I love to sew but havent had a working machine for soooooo long, think I will be locked in my room for months sewing like crazy with all my own disigns and ideals. I was looking for this machine on line and this is all I found on it was your question about it. So let me know how it works if you bought it. Thanks......

Here is the link to it on there website.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...spx?cat=sewing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast