Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Building a New house w/ studio All Ideas welcome >

Building a New house w/ studio All Ideas welcome

Building a New house w/ studio All Ideas welcome

Old 11-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Those ceiling plugs sound so good! I get cords in a mess all over. My irons get in a mess, and my longarm cord gets hung on everything. I would so like to have a ceiling plug, but Prism has the idea. They would get in the way hanging straight down wouldn't they?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 AM

folding tables with big wheels with locks on them. Mobility when you need it.Design wall, hinged so that it can fold out from the wall, not lay flat on the wall. Also that way it can be used on both sides. Cutting table and pressing table. Room enough for several sewing machines. The time may come when you are fortunate enough to have friends bring their machines and come for a sew day. Leave room that isn't allocated for something specific or can be cleared and something new included in the future, i.e., someday your husband may insist on a recliner and TV just to be near you, or you may need a crib or playpen for a child or grandchild. Be flexible for future space for future needs. Don't have built-ins and permanent installations on every square foot.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Default Thanks for your msgs

WOW! You guys have all been awesome! I have so many great new ideas to add to my planning. Reminding me what to take into account and suggesting ways to handle the possible problems and make life so much more fun. As this process goes forward I will photos and keep you all in the loop as to how it all goes.

THANKS HEAPS and HEAPS!

Here is a shot I took a bit late in the sunset of a spring evening last week. Can't wait to build and see this out my quilt window everyday
Attached Thumbnails our-view-2.jpg  

Last edited by suziehammond; 11-26-2012 at 11:06 AM.