Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Burned out.. >

Burned out..

Burned out..

Old 12-04-2007, 04:31 PM

I know how you feel. I've just been feeling kind of burned out in general. Family, the holiday season, this job thing (haven't had any success yet), etc. I feel significantly better after Nick came up on Sunday and Monday. Got to get out of the house, stayed at a hotel Sunday night, played Wii and PSP, "other" things that I won't get into, went out to eat for breakfast (usually I'm not awake for breakfast. lol), Nick helped me with my Christmas shopping (since I don't have money to afford Christmas presents on my own), went to see Beowulf, etc. Now I don't feel like I'm going crazy. lol.

Normally my philosophy would be something along the lines of "When life gets you down, eat a bowl of ice cream in its ugly face"......but there are times when all the chocolate, ice cream, hot bubble baths, or whatever people do to relax isn't enough to focus on anything. There's no quick fix to being overwhelmed or overworked. I say get out of the house and get far, far away from your quilting space. Don't nessicarly have to go FVG's route and stay at a hotel for a night, but go out and do something you don't get to do very often. Lunch, movie, all-day shopping with friends...whatever it may be just go for it. Don't worry about anything else and just take that day off. You'll come back home refreshed and focused.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM

Thanks everyone for the support.... I did finally start a new project.. :lol: I only allowed myself to work on it for a half an hour.. Then I worked on my Christmas stuff for half an hour.. I am going to keep rotating and hope that I am totally done by the holidays :?

However the chocolate is a really good idea :thumbup:
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM

You can't go wrong with chocolate. :wink: Glad to hear you're doing better with your projects.