Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bus to Lancaster >

bus to Lancaster

bus to Lancaster

Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 AM

I am looking for a bus going from NY to Lancaster for the quilt show. Overnight or one day. I live in Dutchess county. I usually go with friends, but they went last year (I could not go) and were dissapointed so are not going this year.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 AM

Sorry I have no bus info for you but I'm thinking that many were disappointed last year. I know the motel my friends and I stay at is usually fully booked well in advance of the show but this year rooms are still available and the show begins on Wednesday.

We've been going to the show for many years and staying a few days and had our schedule for show, shopping, eating and hanging out down pat but changing the show to a crowded city makes it difficult to get around and get to all the places we wanted to. May in Jersey
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 AM

I think that was what the problem was for my friends. Also there was some talk about waiting for buses to get to the show.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM

I hope you make it, I just love shopping at Zooks and Sauders. Not staying as long this year as I'm having knee problems but for me this year shopping and seeing my internet quilting pals at our annual Show and Tell is coming before the show.

There is a quilt display at Hosts this year and, of course, the vendors across the road at the Contentinal. May
Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I hope you make it, I just love shopping at Zooks and Sauders. Not staying as long this year as I'm having knee problems but for me this year shopping and seeing my internet quilting pals at our annual Show and Tell is coming before the show.

There is a quilt display at Hosts this year and, of course, the vendors across the road at the Contentinal. May
We always went to zooks and sauders. Two years ago we noticed an increase in prices. I wonder what the prices will be this year. I am waiting to hear from a few other friends to see if I can go. It is a 4 hour drive from here and I am not up to the task.