Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: buyibg batiks online?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Ok ladies I want to buy some color coordinated batiks for a quilt that I want to make. I have seen the bali medleys in Keepsake catalog but the 1/2 yd cuts are 38.99 for 8. Too much for me. but if anyone has seen their catalog you can see how the color groups are coordinated. is there anywhere else that sells or displays their batiks this way for cheaper?? thanx for any help.

  2. #2
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,156
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here is a link you can browse thru. You might find something with better prices. Keep shipping costs in mind when you figure overall prices.

    http://search.myquiltshops.com/cgi-s...myqssearch.cgi

  3. #3
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,156
    Blog Entries
    3

  4. #4
    Super Member burnsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,365
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Ok ladies I want to buy some color coordinated batiks for a quilt that I want to make. I have seen the bali medleys in Keepsake catalog but the 1/2 yd cuts are 38.99 for 8. Too much for me. but if anyone has seen their catalog you can see how the color groups are coordinated. is there anywhere else that sells or displays their batiks this way for cheaper?? thanx for any help.
    Try Thousands of Bolts
    http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...t.searchByName

  5. #5
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,660
    You can shop by color at Batiks Etcetera
    http://www.batiks.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi
    at Batiks Plus
    http://www.batiksplus.com/
    and at many other online fabric shops

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Thanx everyone I will be checking all of these out!

  7. #7
    Super Member alaskasunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsk
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Ok ladies I want to buy some color coordinated batiks for a quilt that I want to make. I have seen the bali medleys in Keepsake catalog but the 1/2 yd cuts are 38.99 for 8. Too much for me. but if anyone has seen their catalog you can see how the color groups are coordinated. is there anywhere else that sells or displays their batiks this way for cheaper?? thanx for any help.
    Try Thousands of Bolts
    http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...t.searchByName
    I got my first order not too long ago from Thousandsofbolts.com and I am THRILLED with my purchase! :thumbup: :shock: :D

  8. #8
    SuSu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    20
    I have gotten lots of stuff from Batiks.com. The shop is located in SW Virginia and is charming! I love their Baker's dozen of fat quarters -- and they cut their own jelly rolls in lots of color ways.

  9. #9
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have ordered a lot from fabric depot and not only are they less expensive, I have never been disappointed in any of them either.

    http://fabricdepot.com

  10. #10
    Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,684
    I have ordered a lot of batik from Mary Jo's Cloth Store. They have a very big selection. Some of the colors are stunning. They all sell for less than $7 yard. It is very nice quality, too. Comparable to my lqs.

  11. #11
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,156
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here's another link for Seawatch Fabrics. The prices are good and free shipping on orders over $30. I haven't ordered here yet, but plan to in the near future. http://www.seawatchfabrics.com/

  12. #12
    Junior Member goodluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SANTA ROSA NM
    Posts
    235
    OK I haven't tried them yet, but I will, Marshall Dry Goods fabric. I have looked at their batiks and they look good. and only $4.99 a yard, Try looking .

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by goodluna
    OK I haven't tried them yet, but I will, Marshall Dry Goods fabric. I have looked at their batiks and they look good. and only $4.99 a yard, Try looking .
    Thanx I see some that I like, do they only sell by the yd??

  14. #14
    Super Member burnsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,365
    Blog Entries
    2
    Check out Keepsake Quilting, too. I know they have gradients.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsk
    Check out Keepsake Quilting, too. I know they have gradients.
    thats where this all started I saw their collections but can't handle the pricing so I am looking for the same type of collections for cheaper

  16. #16
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,156
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Here's another link for Seawatch Fabrics. The prices are good and free shipping on orders over $30. I haven't ordered here yet, but plan to in the near future. http://www.seawatchfabrics.com/
    As a follow up, I just received my 1st order from Seawatch Fabrics and I am very pleased! Not only are the fabrics beautiful, the shipping is free on orders over $30! They shipped the same day and it only took a few days to receive. It might have even been here a day earlier, but there were a few trucks blocking the mailboxes Saturday, so the mailman passed us by. I will definitely be ordering from them again! :)

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    thanx for the great info

  18. #18
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    I have ordered a lot of batik from Mary Jo's Cloth Store. They have a very big selection. Some of the colors are stunning. They all sell for less than $7 yard. It is very nice quality, too. Comparable to my lqs.
    OMG!! I just started browsing that site. WOW Thanks for the link on this one. Here is a link http://maryjos.com/default.aspx

  19. #19
    Senior Member IngeMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    620
    wow, I just checked whittle's fabrics. great selection at 3.50 and 4.00 a yard. Thanks for enabling :shock:

  20. #20
    Super Member Boston1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Oklahoma - pining for Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,896
    Ann's Fabrics and Crafts in New Hampshire has lots of choices and she has a separate catagory for Batiks.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Thanx! I am still looking for the perfect ones, well they are all perfect,LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.