Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buyin online

Blog Entries
    I buy a lot of fabric on line. There are a couple of sites that are my favorites; they allow 30 days for returns ; have rulers posted with the fabric so you can see the size of design; and almost always the color is exact as pictured. They also have free shipping with $35 purchase and you build credits with your purchases.

I don't worry - I usually have a good idea of what I am getting and haven't been burned yet

Blog Entries
    Some sites are now using a "color" matcher type thing. I tried it and I can truthfully say that it does NOT always work very well. If I have a specific thing I am trying to match I will take it to my LQS. Otherwise, I've been really happy with all my on line purchases. I have tried to get some marbles that I needed to match something...3 tries later...I had the right color. The other 2 went into my stash...so thats fine with me.

I went to a Marshall's Dry Goods in Ohio, not far from PA , is this the same one? They were great and had SOOOO Many things to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    So far i have had great luck online. I buy a lot from Marshalls Dry Goods. For special projects i like to actually see and feel the fabric so for that i "go shopping" :lol:

I have bought from board members and from fabric.com and have always gotten exactly what was advertised.

Have had luck so far on line only tried three sites so far.

Have any of you Texas ladies tried Corinthian Mills?
    They gave us super service and generous cuts.

Would anyone know of a good site for a bowtucks bag?

Have had luck so far on line but am still pretty new to it.

I have always been happy with my on line purchases of fabric. I do always look at the sites to see ifthey have a return option.

I have had good luck buying online. I have only had a problem with 1 shop charging me for fabric, sending me a shipping confirmation and then I never received the fabric. I emailed and emailed and never a response. Finally the money was refunded to my account but they still never answered any of my emails.

I stay mainly with shops thru the Fab Shophop and Quiltshops.com. I do like Thousands of Bolts and my new fav shop is one of our board members-Rocking Chair Quilts.

I have bought tons of fabric online and have never had a problem. I started out buying on ebay but now I usually buy from online quilt shops and from others on the board here. I buy my fabrics from the US and have bought patterns from all over the world especially Australia.

I've had good luck buying online. I can't recall being unhappy with anything I've received, but I'm not picky either. I know some people will go to the ends of the earth looking for just the right shade, but that's not me. Life is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    When you buy your fabric online are you afraid that when you recieve it, it isn't what you wanted or thought that is exactly what it looked like online? (The color or something)?
    I just gotta touch it and see the actual nuance of the color or else. So I buy in stores.

I found this Q&A great. I'm new at this so I bought a kit from River City in MN haven't got it yet so can't say. Should I wash & dry the fabric when it arrives?

I need practice using the rotary cutter so didn't buy quilt cut out already, wanted to LOL

I've spent days looking online at all the different places to buy and not comfortable trying to buy fabric yet. any hints on it?

LQS is way across town, I no longer drive, so need to have a friend take me and hate to ask her anyway I thought I'd just keep practicing with tablerunners and a kit lap quilt--good idea?

I'm happy to say I've never had a problem and on most occasions I've been surprised that the fabric has been better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    i don't worry about it..i have only been sorry with one item and it was from ebay. not exactly sorry, but disappointed.
    so thats not to bad for about 5 years of buying fabric on line.
    I agree. My only online fabric buying disappointments have been on eBay. I don't do that any more.

I have never been disappointed buying fabric on line. I do it all the time. I especially like, Thousands of Bolts, Fabric Shack and Marshalls.

I buy online a lot and have never been disappointed. I buy most of it from eQuilter.com. Sometimes, they have some fantastic sales.

I guess I've been lucky, but so far, everything I've ordered online has turned out to be just fine for me.

Blog Entries
    I ordered about 3 different ones, the fabric I got was awesome! and I have to admit, being it was the first time for me, I was kinda apprehensive about it, sending money (money order, pay pal) etc, my thought was what if its nothing but little ole scraps, stuff, you would normally throw away! But oh no!, the big box of material was waaay more than I really thought, the christmas material I got, is awesome, and have attempted to make the table runner that I said I would make, and the one that sent me panels, I wanted panels, she even said they weren't exactly panels, and what I got was something I will definately use.So I guess you just have to believe that the people will send you what you want.

OH another one! I wanted fish material so I could make something for a friend. I didn't want a whole bunch of it, and y'know the lady sent me about 4 different pieces and wenough to make a nice sized pillow for my friend to sit on it on a bank to fish!

andf maybe there will be a time someone may not send me what I asked for? I can use it somehow!

here are a couple of the ladies that sent me fabric.
    Debbie,Umphress and cjmomma,mariposa,evie,mainladybug,pocoellie

I hope I got them all,but this is the list of the ladies that I got fabric from and am quite pleased with what I got. Mary/psychomomquilter

I have had great luck buying online. I have bought material for project Linus at really good prices.

Dee
    If you buy from fabric places others have recommended, you usually don't have a worry. I have been skunked only once and that was their last order from me. Otherwise, I have not had any problems buying online.

I won't buy fabric on eBay after getting burned with crappy fabric. However, I enjoy buying from quilt shops online - there are some great prices out there! I must admit that sometimes the color on my monitor is not the same as the color I get, but only once was it totally unacceptable for the project I had in mind (I swear it was black...material was brown!), but I'll use it somewhere else.

So far I haven't been disapointed when I buy online. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Have ordered on line and got what I expected. The best place i've ordered from was "Rocking Chair Quilts and the fabric was absolutely top quaility and color was good... :thumbup:

Only once was I disappointed in a color that seemed way off from what I expected. There are so many wonderful sales on line I order alot and stick to the brands I really like.If its Moda I'll love it no matter its color! I like Eleanor Burns of Puducah, and Hancocks of Pudacah, and lately I've been getting great deals on kits from Connecting Threads.

After years of buying online from various sources, I have had only one experience of not liking a fabric (wrong color of a grey). I just kept it hoping that one day there would be a use for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast