Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buyin online >

Buyin online

Buyin online

Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM

I buy online a lot and have never been disappointed. I buy most of it from eQuilter.com. Sometimes, they have some fantastic sales.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 AM

I guess I've been lucky, but so far, everything I've ordered online has turned out to be just fine for me.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM

I ordered about 3 different ones, the fabric I got was awesome! and I have to admit, being it was the first time for me, I was kinda apprehensive about it, sending money (money order, pay pal) etc, my thought was what if its nothing but little ole scraps, stuff, you would normally throw away! But oh no!, the big box of material was waaay more than I really thought, the christmas material I got, is awesome, and have attempted to make the table runner that I said I would make, and the one that sent me panels, I wanted panels, she even said they weren't exactly panels, and what I got was something I will definately use.So I guess you just have to believe that the people will send you what you want.

OH another one! I wanted fish material so I could make something for a friend. I didn't want a whole bunch of it, and y'know the lady sent me about 4 different pieces and wenough to make a nice sized pillow for my friend to sit on it on a bank to fish!

andf maybe there will be a time someone may not send me what I asked for? I can use it somehow!

here are a couple of the ladies that sent me fabric.
Debbie,Umphress and cjmomma,mariposa,evie,mainladybug,pocoellie

I hope I got them all,but this is the list of the ladies that I got fabric from and am quite pleased with what I got. Mary/psychomomquilter
Old 10-27-2010, 05:50 PM

I have had great luck buying online. I have bought material for project Linus at really good prices.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Dee

If you buy from fabric places others have recommended, you usually don't have a worry. I have been skunked only once and that was their last order from me. Otherwise, I have not had any problems buying online.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 PM

I won't buy fabric on eBay after getting burned with crappy fabric. However, I enjoy buying from quilt shops online - there are some great prices out there! I must admit that sometimes the color on my monitor is not the same as the color I get, but only once was it totally unacceptable for the project I had in mind (I swear it was black...material was brown!), but I'll use it somewhere else.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 AM

So far I haven't been disapointed when I buy online. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Have ordered on line and got what I expected. The best place i've ordered from was "Rocking Chair Quilts and the fabric was absolutely top quaility and color was good... :thumbup:
Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Only once was I disappointed in a color that seemed way off from what I expected. There are so many wonderful sales on line I order alot and stick to the brands I really like.If its Moda I'll love it no matter its color! I like Eleanor Burns of Puducah, and Hancocks of Pudacah, and lately I've been getting great deals on kits from Connecting Threads.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 AM

After years of buying online from various sources, I have had only one experience of not liking a fabric (wrong color of a grey). I just kept it hoping that one day there would be a use for it.