Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: buying fabric from Connecting Threads

buying fabric from Connecting Threads

I am in a hurry to make a quilt as a wedding present and I have seen a kit in Connecting Threads catalog that I like. I have never purchased fabric from CT before. Any advice? please.........

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    I have bought from them, no problem. The kits can be very inexpensive when on sale, like $4 or $5 per yard. I have been known to buy a kit just because I like the fabric even if I don't like the fabric if it is on sale.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Blog Entries
    I have ordered many yards of fabric and have always been pleased. The one kit that I ordered came with plenty of material and was very easy to follow the directions. They also have specials for batting. Many buy their thread and are satisfied but I am finding my Bernina is a little picky about it. So to answer your question....good fabric and wonderful service. Don't you just love their new line of fabrics? Drool...drool!!!

thank you for your replay

Quote Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
    I have ordered many yards of fabric and have always been pleased. The one kit that I ordered came with plenty of material and was very easy to follow the directions. They also have specials for batting. Many buy their thread and are satisfied but I am finding my Bernina is a little picky about it. So to answer your question....good fabric and wonderful service. Don't you just love their new line of fabrics? Drool...drool!!!

I've done two of their kits and loved them. Plenty, plenty of fabric.
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I love love love CT fabrics. Sometimes I just sit in my fabric room and
    run my hand over some of their fabric just to get "need" for fabric cured
    for a very short time.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I've ordered twice and both times I have been pleased. I haven't heard any negative comments.

Have ordered much from the with no problems. The thread works fine for me.

Love them, love them, love them.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

I have ordered several kits from Connecting Threads and have had no issues. I would not hesitate ordering from them again. Highly recommended!
    Tracy

thank you all for your help and advice and assurance

Connecting Threads is my go to place. I have never been disappointed in their kits or fabric.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Blog Entries
    I have never ordered kits from CT, just fabrics, but have been very pleased with quality of the fabric and their service.

Their fabric is great and the prices are wonderful. I love love their thread, I have a Bernina, and have no problems using it, but I do clean the bobbin area and under the stitch plate every time I fill my bobbin. Their service is fantastic,too!

I love Connecting Threads. Their fabric is pretty, good quality, love their kits.

Has anyone purchased flannel from Connecting Threads? I need some for the backing of a quilt.

just got my new catalog - man, it is hard to resist! I think I'll order and have it sent to my sister. then I can tell my husband that my sister gave me this fabric! And yes, you get plenty of fabric in a kit. I got the table runner kit with the patriotic fabric. Made up the one the pattern is for, cut & pieced the backing for it, AND made another large runner with the leftovers in the D9P pattern.

I've been very pleased with the kits I've ordered from CT. Will order again when I see one I like.

Blog Entries
    I made a baby quilt from CT print flannel. It's thick and soft and doesn't shrink much at all. The quilt has been washed many times and the colors are still bright.
    Got fabric?

I have ordered as well from them several times and been pleased. The two kits were generous and the fabrics purchased by the yard were fine. I only had one fabric that I did not care for the quality - but I used it anyways and the quilt came out fine. I just got the newest catalog and absolutely LOVE the quilt on the cover (the snowmen) - just trying to rationalize another project - lol!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

I order often from Connecting Threads. I love their thread, fabric and kits. I have never been disappointed in anything I've received from them. Just do it! You'll love it.
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Banned
    I have recently used them for thread and fabric. Very fast delivery and I love everything I have gotten so far. I would not hesitate to order from them. Great sales too. I use their thread in my new long arm with great luck.

I have not had any problems with any purchases I have made. One kit I did order was backordered--it arrived in a reasonable time.

Only ordered one kit (great sale price) because I liked the fabric but I've ordered fabric and thread from them several times and have always been pleased. If anyone who works there is on this board she must be very happy with the always positive comments about her workplace. I'd recommend you go for it.

I have bought fabric from them several times. I was disappointed in the quality of my one order but the others were fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast