Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
California quilters--and anyone else! >

California quilters--and anyone else!

California quilters--and anyone else!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Default California quilters--and anyone else!

Have any of you been to the big quilt and craft show at the Pomona Fair Complex? I have been getting notices on FB about this and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Says it's their 15th or 20th (can't recall which) anniversary and it's going to be pretty big. If you know anything about this please give me your input. Dates are March 6-8.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:32 PM

Hi neighbor--Fallbrook is just down the road from you. The only thing I know about it is an email I got from Fons and Porter that gives me a coupon to get in free. I was thinking of going, but didn't know if I wanted to go by myself. IM me and I will forward you the email with the coupon if you decide to go and you can get in free.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:46 PM

just go! if you want to ;-)
Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM

It is just a bunch of vendors, a few little mini classes some free some not but don't cost much. It is great to find things you can't locally for quilting, scrapbooking, and other crafts. I go to them, the one in the fall in october is usually bigger and has more vendors for quilting than the march one, but who knows if they have something new this year
Old 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM

I have a friend that wants to go. I was considering it, but I think we just planned to go see our mother's in Mission Viejo that weekend. I think DH already told his mom we were coming down.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:38 PM

I have been twice and it was kind of a disappointment. So not sure if I will go this year or not, I was considering it because it is supposed to be bigger. It is a 110 miles up the road. My traveling friend has moved to AZ so will have to give it more thought.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:44 PM

Isn't the Del Mar show closer to you quiltingcandy? (for some reason, it would not reply with quote)
For Pomona: I have been to the March show, but not the October one. It is mostly vendors, but kind of fun to go. Not as crowded, and more relaxed.

Here is a link for their shows: http://quiltcraftsew.com/
Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
Isn't the Del Mar show closer to you quiltingcandy? (for some reason, it would not reply with quote)
For Pomona: I have been to the March show, but not the October one. It is mostly vendors, but kind of fun to go. Not as crowded, and more relaxed.

Here is a link for their shows: http://quiltcraftsew.com/
Thanks for the link, I think I'll wait for the De Mar show much closer, if its not what I want then no big deal.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 AM

I went to the Del Mar show quite a few years ago and was very disappointed. I was wondering if the Pomona show was the same company. Don't think I want to drive all the way to Pomona to be disappointed.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

I went to the show on the LA fair grounds when it first started and I wasn't impressed. Parking is EXPENSIVE!! I would rather go on the Quilter's Run if they are having it this year. Shop til your drop in quilts stores is much more fun and love to look at the various samples!!