Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Message Board Lurkers! >

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Calling all Message Board Lurkers!

Old 06-22-2010, 03:51 PM
np3
Power Poster

I lurked for almost a year before I signed up a few months ago. And this would be my first post ! I have quilted for years but just retired last fall so I have time to devote to quilting. This Board is so addicting!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM

Very new to this! I've only been "lurking" for a couple days, but have already learned a lot from all you seasoned quilters. OK... so I just went on and registered just for you! :0
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Hi, I am lurking. LOL I am from Mississippi and just learning so it is interesting to see what everyone is doing.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Hi. I am a long time lurker -- read the newsletter for about 4 years before joining this winter. The members on this board are awesome. I am extremely shy so I haven’t posted but one time. I’ve been quilting for 4 years now and absolutely love it. I am married, have 6 kids (4 mine, 2 hubbys) and 3 grandkids, 5 fur babies (1 dog, 4 cats). Live in northwest suburbs of Chicago. Currently working full time, but hope to retire in 4 years so I can quilt whenever I want.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by StitchnFind
I am here too, everyday and spend many hours looking and learning. i am very shy and it took me almost two years just to join. I am getting brave enough to post to some. I am unknown for now but i feel like this is just one big happy family and everyone makes all feel welcome. Thank you all for being here.
Well welcome StichnFind.. I know how you felt *feel* but this is a wonderful forum and everyone here is sooooooooooooo friendly. I have been here a year in Oct I believe and have learnt much and feel comfortable. I never plan to be a great quilter, but enjoy making the things I do and just belonging to a happy group of quilters, sewers, and crafters. It is amazing the amount of talent here. Join in and experience for yourself :).
Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 PM

I agree with craftybear, welcome, more the merrier. Looking forward to reading your threads and especially looking at your future pictures. WE LOVE PICTURES! We were newbies at the beginning too, so we know how you all feel. After the first one, it'll be soooooo easy. We learn from you too!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM

"Diddo" But I am here!
Originally Posted by cmagee84
Originally Posted by dogsgod
I'm out here.................afraid if I start posting, I'll never get away from this computer to sew! (Thinking about making up another name so I can post at work!)
I agree, I am afraid I will use my sewing time posting! I also see 3 to 10 pages of replys and figure I don't have anything new to add. I do love reading all the great comments and ideas.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
DS

Originally Posted by katei
I lurked for months - really glad I de-lurked and joined up! :-P
Love the Avatar
Old 06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
DS

Still learning how to speak the quilting language.I feel I can't keep up my end of a conversation when I don't know what I am talking about. So I Lurk and (in this case read) until I feel confident to answer questions that are asked about my projects.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:42 PM

I have posted a couple of times but I feel so intimidated by everyone's great quilts. I am so new at quilting. Maybe I'll be a great quilter when I grow up (I'm 55 years young).