Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
calling all Project Linus blanketeers! >

calling all Project Linus blanketeers!

calling all Project Linus blanketeers!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 PM

I'm super interested in Project Linus. Do I need to be part of chapter to make and donate blankets? Also, there is a huge conference coming up...July 20-24(dates may be a little off)...on July 22 there is a benefit for Project Linus with guest speaker Jennifer Chiaverini, author of the Elm Creek Quilts novels. You can check out the event on the Project Linus website. Apparently the whole conference and benefit are open to non Project Linus members as well. There will also be an expo of quilt product vendors..I'm excited about this. It will be at the Peoria, IL civic center. I thought I would share this info for those who may not know about it. :)
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

I don't know. Seems to me you could contact any chapter to ask about what kinds of quilts they need. Since the chapters handle distribution of the quilts locally, I think that would be the way to go.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:14 PM

I would check with your LQS. The one close to me is the contact for the local chapter for our area. The website will tell you the size requirements, but your local chapter will be able to tell you if they need more boy, girl, infant, teenager, etc. Anyone can make a quilt for Project Linus, you just need a drop off point. Good Luck ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-02-2011, 05:47 PM

You can go to projectlinus.org, and look up your state and see if there is a chapter in your area. Not all the activities are open to Project Linus volunteers, parts are for the chapter coordinators only. It is called Institute. The dinner with Jennifer Chiaverini is $50 for non-attendees. There are plenty of tickets still available.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 AM

thanks, I checked their site for a local chapter and there isn't one close...we have a new quilt shop (one and only nearby) that is trying to establish...I wonder if they have anyone who will want to do projects for charity.

Yes, I'm excited about the dinner with Jennifer Chiaverini! It's about a 3 hour drive from here but I'm going!

Thanks again!