Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: CALLING ALL QUILTERS!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,958
    There's a siggie block swap that is going on and we would like it to include a block from every state and country, if possible. Below is a list of states that are needed and countries that we have already. Please, if you have the time sign-up to help with our quest we would be ecstatic!! :-D :-D Also, please if you know anyone in any of these areas please PM them to let them know about this. We already have 105 individuals doing this.

    These are very easy 3" finished blocks. Great block for a beginner!!!

    If you can do this, please PM NorBanaquilts so that she can then add you to the list.

    Thanks in advance and have a glorious day!!!

    STATES NEEDED
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Kansas
    Massachusetts
    Nevada
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Wyoming

    COUNTRIES THAT WE HAVE
    Australia
    Brazil
    Canada
    Japan
    Netherlands
    Norway
    UK

    Again, THANKS!!!!! :D :D :D

  2. #2
    montanaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    871
    this is such a great swap and so easy to do!! we really would love to have everyone join!! wouldn't it be cool to have a fantastic quilt made from your friends of every state and from countries around the world?!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    fullerton ca
    Posts
    681
    it looks like you have MO can you use two MO's if not i can do whatever you have left when is it due i want to make sure i have enough time
    memathomas

  4. #4
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,958
    The more the merrier!!! Come on board!! :thumbup:

  5. #5
    montanaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    871
    yes we can have more than one state or country!! sign up under siggy block swap and pm norbanaquilts!!!!

  6. #6
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    We want all the swappers we can get. Blocks are due June 15th. They are very quick and very easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by memathomas
    it looks like you have MO can you use two MO's if not i can do whatever you have left when is it due i want to make sure i have enough time
    memathomas

  7. #7
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    Where do we get the patterns for these?

  8. #8
    Senior Member hokieappmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    Where do we get the patterns for these?
    3 1/2 inch UNFINISHED Scrappy Signature Blocks. Directions for the block can be found here.
    http://www.psiquilt.com/2010/01/sigg...-tutorial.html

  9. #9
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    Sorry I am interested in norway I have a nephew that lives there.

  10. #10
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    If no one has taken norway I will do this one. Please put me down for norway. Mary

  11. #11
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    Where do we get the patterns for these?
    3 1/2 inch UNFINISHED Scrappy Signature Blocks. Directions for the block can be found here.
    http://www.psiquilt.com/2010/01/sigg...-tutorial.html
    Now what to do with block once you have the pattern? Do I write norway on it? I know I sound dumb, but I have never done this type of project before. Don't mean to be pesty. Mary

  12. #12
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    grandma1, your write your name, your boardname, your city, & your state on the block. There is someone from Norway in the swap you will get one of her blocks with her information.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    Where do we get the patterns for these?
    3 1/2 inch UNFINISHED Scrappy Signature Blocks. Directions for the block can be found here.
    http://www.psiquilt.com/2010/01/sigg...-tutorial.html
    Now what to do with block once you have the pattern? Do I write norway on it? I know I sound dumb, but I have never done this type of project before. Don't mean to be pesty. Mary

  13. #13
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    Norbanaquilts thank you for the info: and also hokieappmom for the site to go to. This seems to be very easy. Now when finished with blocks where do I send them to?

  14. #14
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have another dumb question. Is this a 1 for 1 swap or do we send a block to every person in the swap? How cool would that be if we could all make a quilt from people across all of the US and may countries of the world!

  15. #15
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    When you are ready to mail pm me for my address and I'll send it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    Norbanaquilts thank you for the info: and also hokieappmom for the site to go to. This seems to be very easy. Now when finished with blocks where do I send them to?

  16. #16
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    You send in a block for each person and receive a block back from each person
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I have another dumb question. Is this a 1 for 1 swap or do we send a block to every person in the swap? How cool would that be if we could all make a quilt from people across all of the US and may countries of the world!

  17. #17
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I have another dumb question. Is this a 1 for 1 swap or do we send a block to every person in the swap? How cool would that be if we could all make a quilt from people across all of the US and may countries of the world!
    Right now we have 105 people signed up. I'm making a block for each one, that way I'll get one of everybodys block. As the number of people go up the number of blocks I need to make go up. Clear as mud? :-D :-D :-D

    That's why we're trying to get as many as people we can to sign up so we'll have a quilt from around the world!!! How Coool!!

  18. #18
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Clear as mud - sign me up! I'm going to go recruit some of my friends to join this as well. Thanks! :D

  19. #19
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Welcome to the swap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Clear as mud - sign me up! I'm going to go recruit some of my friends to join this as well. Thanks! :D

  20. #20
    Junior Member grandma1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    livermore, ca
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Clear as mud - sign me up! I'm going to go recruit some of my friends to join this as well. Thanks! :D
    Please sign me up also, I want to make a quilt of all these people too.
    this is What history is all about. thanks Mary. :P :-P

  21. #21
    Super Member pollyjvan9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    There's a siggie block swap that is going on and we would like it to include a block from every state and country, if possible. Below is a list of states that are needed and countries that we have already. Please, if you have the time sign-up to help with our quest we would be ecstatic!! :-D :-D Also, please if you know anyone in any of these areas please PM them to let them know about this. We already have 105 individuals doing this.

    These are very easy 3" finished blocks. Great block for a beginner!!!

    If you can do this, please PM NorBanaquilts so that she can then add you to the list.

    Thanks in advance and have a glorious day!!!

    STATES NEEDED
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Kansas
    Massachusetts
    Nevada
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    Vermont
    Wyoming

    COUNTRIES THAT WE HAVE
    Australia
    Brazil
    Canada
    Japan
    Netherlands
    Norway
    UK

    Again, THANKS!!!!! :D :D :D

  22. #22
    Super Member pollyjvan9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,026
    Blog Entries
    1
    I would like to sign up for this swap. I have never been in a swap either. I think you are saying I make 1 sig block for everyone who is signing up for the swap. Each block to be a scrappy 3 1/2 unfinished block. At this time there are over 100 people signed up. How do we know how many squares we will have to make. I don't think I want to make a thousand. Do we send blocks to you or to the individuals. Do we receive all the blocks at one time or 1 or 2 at a time? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks. I will be sending an Oklahoma Block.

  23. #23
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    How do we know how many squares we will have to make. I don't think I want to make a thousand. Do we send blocks to you or to the individuals. Do we receive all the blocks at one time or 1 or 2 at a time? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks. I will be sending an Oklahoma Block.

    Sign up closes on May 15th, we'll have a final count then. You will mail all of your blocks to me and I'll mail the blocks from everyone else back to you.

    For more infor on the swap here's a link to the thread
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36647-1.htm

  24. #24
    Super Member NorBanaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    2,900
    Yeah, We have Hawaii!!!!

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    2
    Can one join even if no one is needed from her state? I am new here. I signed up several months ago, but I was not techno savy enough to figure it all out or brave enough to jump in and give it a try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.