Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: cameras and quilting

I have my camera right there but didn't think of using it before my quilt or project was done. Good to have the info to use my camera more as I'm designing & sewing.

I took pics of possible layouts for a Baltimore Album quilt. It helped to see the balance of color and density of the applique blocks.

Blog Entries
    I take my camera when I go fabric shopping. When I am picking several fabrics for a quilt project, I view them through the camera to get better view of how they look together. It just helps me select colors/patterns and make any selection changes, if needed.

I use the little dots in different colors to mark each row' that way all reds go in 1 row etc. With hst I have to pin the side that's sewn otherwise they go together wrong. I don't have a camers so have to be inventive.

Thanks for all the wonderful camera and binocular tips. I just hope I can remember to put them into practice.

I frequently use my camera (with flash off) to take a picture of a quilt or project that I see online and want to remember.

I never thought to use a camera for anything but taking pics to keep a record or post. Great ideas here. I love this board.

As well as photographing alternative layouts of blocks to help in a final decision, I also take a few photos of the finished top when I am sending it away to be quilted. I am a pessimist with the postal system, although they haven't lost a quilt yet, and I figure it would be easier to show a photo of a missing item rather than describing it. (There have also been a few posts here about missing quilts and the comment is often "unfortunately I don't have a photo")

I always have the seam going on the right side so I don't get confused.

Never thought of using a camera. Would have to have husband show me how--(camera challenged) I scan the picture and post it in front of the sewing machine. That way I have reference

I lay out my quilt on a bed which is in my sewing room and then pin each row together sew that row and then do the next. works for me. I hadn't thought of using a camera

Blog Entries
    Love this idea.. why didn't I think of that... would have saved a lot of ripping on a storm at sea quilt I put together wrong.. as I may start with a pattern but always change it ... working on a baby quilt now with a panel in center and 4 corners.. but changed pattern to add other blocks and inner borders.. and since I only get to quilt on weekends.. Sometimes I forget where I was going with something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Absolutely! I can be distracted easily, so I always take a picture of what I'm doing or follow the picture on the pattern. Here's an example.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3