Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Can anyone help me to locate this fabric?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    68

    Question Can anyone help me to locate this fabric?

    A girlfriend of mine found this fabric at a yard sale and gave it to me. She knows I love anything "southwest" or in this case I believe it's considered to be more "cave art"... I absolutely fell in love with it! I made this toaster cover and some pot holders but would love to do placemats, a valance and who knows what else... I have searched the internet using the above key words but to no avail... can anyone help??? Pllleeeease????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Laurie~

  2. #2
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301


    Here you go:

    http://www.bearpawquilting.com/cgi-b...d=1#novg_m1081



    Just make sure that they are both the same brown - yours looks a bit lighter/reddish but it could be the flash/lighting in the picture.
    You could email your pic to them - that shop has really good customer service.
    Last edited by MTS; 10-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,002
    I can see why you love it. Good luck finding it!

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,002
    Wow, MTS, that was fast! I searched a bit with no luck.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    68
    Omg, mts!!! You are wonderful!!! Thank you thank you thank you xoxox!!!
    ~Laurie~

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    68
    I wanted to thank you too, Bonnie for searching.... you guys are great!
    ~Laurie~

  7. #7
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    42,979
    Blog Entries
    45
    wow, MTS, good sleuthing!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?


  8. #8
    Super Member #1piecemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ashdown, AR
    Posts
    9,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nice fabric. Good luck on your quest!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,002
    You're welcome!

  10. #10
    Super Member PenniF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Texas formerly The Burgh
    Posts
    3,389
    The knowledge of the ladies on this board never ceases to astound me !!!!..... glad you found it !!!! --
    i have this fabric - love it and have used it for so many things - even tree trunks (fussy cut) and was going to ask if you wanted some 2nd hand --- but checked and unfortunately only have about 1/2 yard left with fussy cut outs - which wouldn't help you much at all. Don't forget to show us photos of all you make with it !
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Camden, TN
    Posts
    74
    I am forever amazed at how quick and helpful everyone is on this board! You all have such wonderful advice and can find fabric like nothing I've ever seen.
    Bobbi
    Quilting happily in Tennessee!


  12. #12
    Super Member sparkys_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,367
    Cool fabric. If I weren't up to my eyebrows in projects I'd be tempted to order some.
    Pat

  13. #13
    Super Member nanna-up-north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,998
    Ditto. Last year I was looking for some skateboarding fabric and was able to find it with the QB members help. And I finished the quilt for my grand nephew..... do you all want to see? Well, I'm going to show it anyway. I couldn't have done it without the QB's finding the fabric for me. Thanks to all of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by bglock1 View Post
    I am forever amazed at how quick and helpful everyone is on this board! You all have such wonderful advice and can find fabric like nothing I've ever seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  14. #14
    Senior Member jeank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    726
    I am amazed that you located it with only a photo. This board does come through. I sure liked that line of fabric, especially the panel of the African animals.
    Jean in MI

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
    The knowledge of the ladies on this board never ceases to astound me !!!!..... glad you found it !!!! --
    i have this fabric - love it and have used it for so many things - even tree trunks (fussy cut) and was going to ask if you wanted some 2nd hand --- but checked and unfortunately only have about 1/2 yard left with fussy cut outs - which wouldn't help you much at all. Don't forget to show us photos of all you make with it !
    Well thank you for considering sharing with me :-) I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric too and it goes so well with my decor. As soon as MTS posted the link for me, I ordered 2 yards of it. I'd love to see what you did with this fabric if you have any photos.
    ~Laurie~

  16. #16
    Senior Member cassie69emt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    383
    you may also want to look at Walmart,that is where i purchased mine from a few years ago they may still have it.

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southeast Georgia
    Posts
    2,526
    Y'all never cease to amaze me! It's so nice to belong to a group that knows EVERYTHING! I love it!!!!!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4

    finding fabric

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkuvme2 View Post
    A girlfriend of mine found this fabric at a yard sale and gave it to me. She knows I love anything "southwest" or in this case I believe it's considered to be more "cave art"... I absolutely fell in love with it! I made this toaster cover and some pot holders but would love to do placemats, a valance and who knows what else... I have searched the internet using the above key words but to no avail... can anyone help??? Pllleeeease????
    I'm not sure of that specific fabric, but try southwestdecoratives in Albuquerque, NM. They have FABULOUS south west fabric.

  19. #19
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,301
    Rebeljane found it much cheaper - she posted it here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search-f19/wildlife-print-fabric-t203102.html



    Wildlife!!
    Pretty funny.
    Not very helpful when using a search engine. ;-)




  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,415
    Try www.swdecoratives.com in Albuquerque NM

  21. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,346
    I have this fabric. I measured it just now. The uncut piece is 40 inches long WOF, plus there is some hanging on there that has been cut into. I really like it, but would be willing to part with it if you can't find it anywhere else. The $3.99 price sounds good, if you can get it from there.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    68

    Thank you so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Rebeljane found it much cheaper - she posted it here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/search-f19/wildlife-print-fabric-t203102.html

    Wildlife!!
    Pretty funny.
    Not very helpful when using a search engine. ;-)

    Thank you again!!! I'll definately be getting it there if I find I need more.. I ordered 2 yards from the site you posted earlier.... You guys are soooo appreciated!!!
    ~Laurie~

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    85
    WOW MTS, how in the heck did you do that??????!!!!! That was REALLY quick!

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Aust
    Posts
    1,503

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.