Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can anyone send me in the right direction

Can anyone send me in the right direction

I am making a signature quilt for me nephew for there wedding. I have seen where people have turn a photo into a quilt. I think it would be so cool to include a picture of Ryan and Jenn on the quilt top.

It would have to be a easy one because I've never done it before. any ideas ?? Where would I find directions on how to even do it.
    Thanks ladies

Hi Debbie,
    All you need is some photo printing fabric, available at most fabric stores or your local quilt shop, a good home printer, and lots of patience. There are very clear directions with the photo paper so you shouldn't have any problems.
    Last edited by momto5; 04-27-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clarify
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

There are washable ones and non washable so be sure to get the ones that will wash. I got the wrong ones once and when I washed it there was no picture. Learned from my mistake.
    Jothesewer

You can use a normal injet printer or a photo printer -- you don't print in photo mode but in the best print mode. Printed Treasures is a great fabric for printing because the fabric has a good hand. I have not used the EQ fabric, but some folks I know swear by it. Be sure and follow the directions -- some of the fabric is to be rinsed first then you can iron it as usual and some fabric needs to be heat set, then rinsed then ironed again. I have done a number of quilts and labels with printed pictures going back 10 years (when all I could get was the June Taylor stuff) and they do hold the color well.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    I have used the EQ printable fabric with good results. There is also a product called Bubble Jet Set to make your own fabric.
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

I made this quilt with the EQ printable papers. Very easy to use. I think the Printed Treasures is more available in shops. I got the EQ papers somewhere off the internet.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t182141.html
    So many quilts, so little time.