Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
can anyone tell me the difference between these two? >

can anyone tell me the difference between these two?

can anyone tell me the difference between these two?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:05 PM

I used the angler, but not very long. I have a top load bobbin. My machine also does not have a flat entry to the needle.
I found the slight curve of the entry bed on my machine made the angler difficult for me to keep the block points lined up accurately. I haven't seen the Clearly Perfect.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 PM

that's the reason I've not ordered the Angler because it would be a huge PITA to remove it for every bobbin change
Old 03-28-2012, 04:40 PM

You don't have to remove the Clearly Perfect sheet to change bobbins. Just roll back the sheet, leaving it attached at the back. That way you don't have to realign it every time.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
The Angler 2 and the Clearly Perfect Angles. I am looking to buy one or the other but in the pictures they look pretty near the same. So of course I come to the experts.
There is a definite difference between the two. The Angler 2 is a rigid plastic that always seemed to catch the fabric because I couldn't get the Angler to conform to the shape of my sewing machine. It has to be secured to the machine with tape. The Clearly Perfect Angles is like a vinyl cling. It adheres to the machine bed by static electricity and is thin and very flexible. It doesn't need to be removed to change bobbins.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 AM

I am totally new at this and don't know what all the initials y'all use -- HST's etc. Is there a list of all them for the novice?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM

I have the angular and didn't like it. If you have a top loading bobbin, it's a pain.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by nprisner View Post
I am totally new at this and don't know what all the initials y'all use -- HST's etc. Is there a list of all them for the novice?
I have the same problem a lot of the times I will google it and this helps HST=Half square triangle
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM

So... It sounds like I will be ordering the Clearly Perfect. I sure don't need anything that is going to catch fabric. Its only a matter of $2 more. See I knew I would get the advice to order the right one and not waste money here. Thank you everyone
Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by nprisner View Post
Here is a list from the board.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...rs-t84708.html

I hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:33 PM

I have the Angler 2 because that's what my LQS had. It's pretty easy to remove to change a bobbin. Just lift up the tape you used to position it, leaving it taped in the back. Then when done, just lay it down and press down the tape. The tape in the back keeps it properly positioned.

However...if I could do it all over again, I'd buy the Clearly Perfect because it doesn't require tape - it's a vinyl cling.