Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can someone help with fusible stained glass portraits

Blog Entries
    I have tried to pull the tutorial for the fusible stained glass portraits up may times every way I can think of but my computer will not allow it to come up. Can someone help me with this, I know that Grammatji posted it on 6-13-11 and because of it being her tutorial we must respect the sharing of all info. on this board but this is stuck in my head ,can someone please help?

Blog Entries
    let me see if I can help you, someone posted it and you can get to the pdf file here

http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...s_tutorial.pdf

Blog Entries
    I am sorry to keep doing this ,but my computer said the file was damaged and could not be repaired. Thank you for answering so quickly.

Blog Entries
    i clicked on the above link and it opened up right away- no problem- no corruption- something is going on with your computer- and you should address that-then come back and try to open links.
    try doing a scan disk & maybe defrag- run your internet safety software to check for problems...something with YOUR computer is causing your problem- nothing to do with the board links...sorry

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link. I had not seen this before and had no trouble opening it.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    It opened fine for me - if you PM me your email address I can download it as a PDF file of transfer it into Word if you have Word and email it to you, as long as the author has no objections. :-D

Blog Entries
    Link worked for me too, and thank you, because I must have missed it first time round.

Blog Entries
    Have you checked to see if you have a current edition of Adobe Acrobat reader? Maybe you need to download a newer version.

I was having a problem like this too and it was something to do with my add ons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    i clicked on the above link and it opened up right away- no problem- no corruption- something is going on with your computer- and you should address that-then come back and try to open links.
    try doing a scan disk & maybe defrag- run your internet safety software to check for problems...something with YOUR computer is causing your problem- nothing to do with the board links...sorry

Go through the posting for the Tut. Someone did convert it to a PDF so you can download it.

My computer will not open it either. Get the same message as nightquilter. I remember trying it when it was origianlly posted and it failed every time. Running WINDOWSXP and believe Adobe is version 5. Every once in awhile this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradosky
    My computer will not open it either. Get the same message as nightquilter. I remember trying it when it was origianlly posted and it failed every time. Running WINDOWSXP and believe Adobe is version 5. Every once in awhile this happens.
    Have you tried to update your Adobe Reader? You should be able to update it to Adobe Reader 10 online.

Also try to download the PDF version from about half way down this link.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-130238-3.htm

PDunn56 posted it in true PDF format. you should be able to open that.

Thanks. I went in and updated to version 10 and it will now download. I had version 9 but when it went to download it would say I had version 5. Apparently version 9 never installed properly. Thanks again! :)