Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can you say Dumb A** >

Can you say Dumb A**

Can you say Dumb A**

Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 AM

I was reading these answers and happened to notice your posted picture. Is that a wall hanging or a quilt? It is really beautiful and a wonderful use of lights and darks. Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed looking at it!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by featherweight
I bet we won't make the same mistake twice!!!
I'm afraid you'd lose that bet. :oops:
This is the picture I was talking about.... Dunster's....
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Randa
Originally Posted by Connie Rae
I am a newbie to quilting and have been doing some Downy Quilts for Kids (which is so much fun) but, I have a question-'we found an old small Singer (probably from the 50's) stored by my mom in it's black case and wrapped in a plastic bag. It has such a musty smell and I have tryed setting it out in the sun to air out, packed it with newspapers, put some vanilla in with it, an still no solution. Any ideas???
Is it a Featherweight????? How about fabric softerner sheets and close it up for awhile?? Is the machine musty too?
Here are some of the ways I have eradicated the old Singer smell from a Featherweight.

1. Change the inside (felt) bed pad out for a new one. You can find these on ebay and 221 parts.com. AIf you do not do this, it will just spread the old oily musty odor back into the case the next time it is put away.
2. Leave the machine out from the case for a few days and let it air out on its own.
3. Pack the case with old newspapers and put it in the trunk of the car for several days. You may need to change out the papers each day as the newspaper can only absorb so much odor.
4. Spray the interior of the case with lysol spray and wipe it down then dry it.
5. If the odor persists then get a new bar of safeguard soap open one end and leave it in the box and place it in the case. Close up the case for about a week. This should eliminate most of the odor. The more these cases are left open the better since the musty smell is the old glues that draw moisture. You can also place some of those little white packets that absorb moisture inside the case to keep odors away.

:-D
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Oh man its amazing how we learn about our ummm lets just MOMENTS !LOL I think we have all been there at one time or another !LOL
Old 11-05-2010, 06:22 AM

I took a TV in to have the speaker fixed, but found out it was a monospeaker TV... It's best that I don't remember how much I paid to find that out!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Oh My, Put me there! My tension has been off and could not fiqure out the problem. Finally determined that I bumped the adjustment when I was messing around doing something else and all it took was to nudge it back to center and Viola!! cooking with crisco. Everything was fine. I was ready to run it to the repair shop and be without for weeks.