Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Believe the Price of Aurifil Thread!

Blog Entries

Can't Believe the Price of Aurifil Thread!

While packing for my quilting retreat, I noticed i didn't have any good white thread left, so I ran to my LQS. I could not believe that the Aurifil Thread had gone up to $12.00 a spool. I know I didn't pay that much a few months ago when I purchased some other colors there. I bought my one spool, but then just purchased three spools of Aurifil for under $29.00 with free shipping at http://www.discountembroiderysupply.com. With taxes, that is a savings of around $2.50 a spool. I hate doing that to our LQS.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Thanks for that site.

I always hate to do that too, but I still support the LQS by buying fabric, kits, and patterns. I just have to save where I can since retiring.

i purchase all my thread from http://tinyurl.com/ceokz45 connecting threads. you can't beat the price and it is excellent thread.

Blog Entries
    Since I don't have a LQS, I have to buy the "good stuff" on line and I love Discount Embroidery Supply. I buy a lot of things there and usually it's the best price I can find.

I had to get aurifil for a class and was shcked. So expensive.

I piece with connevting threads essential and quilt with isacord. The isacord i get from imachinegrou, ahipping is pricey but if you order like 10 the per spool price is still great.

Its why I still use gutterman with 50% off coupons at joanns. Never used aurifil and won't ever be paying that price for it either when there are other threads out there that are nice that are way cheaper

My LQS charges $10.00 for a spool, for me its well worth it. I have used a few other brands and my machine and I love Aurifil. For me its well worth the cost.

Blog Entries
    You can still get a lot of colors of Aurifil from Sue's Sew EZ Designs for $6 spool. Service is very quick!

http://www.sewezdesigns.com/Aurifil1.html

My LQS sells it for $10.99 and I hope that price isn't going up. I love Aurifil.

Blog Entries
    it's great to have the *power of the internet* so we are able to shop around- there are many places selling aurafil for much less-
    fabric.com has a pretty good selection & since shipping is free at the $35 level i generally take advantage and stock up.
    unless i have to have a certain thread right at that moment i seldom purchase thread at the lqs- i spend alot of money there for other things though
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I buy Aurifil thread here: With shipping it's still cheaper then any other place. Great service too!http://www.tristan.bc.ca/cart/produc...&cat=36&page=3

Check out the door crashers and grab bags.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I went to a quilt shop about two hours away today for Christmas in July sale and came home and ordered a grab bag of Aurifil thread from Tristans! It was $12 a spool at the quilt shop and the collections were $120 and up. I have also used the Cucirini cotton Mako sold there and can't tell any difference from Aurifil except it cost a little more. It is suppose to be better then Aurifil. I buy the huge cone of the 60wt 2 ply for bobbins.
    Got fabric?

Has anyone else tried the thread from ThreadArt? I buy their large cones of polyester embroidery thread for my longarm. It has a lovely sheen and is very strong. $4.99 for a large 5000 M. cone and a kazillion colours. Can't beat that!
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

Good sites to know about. Thanks.

I love Aurifil! I'll pay whatever it costs; but I usually shop around and get a good price. I really stocked up when a LQS went out of business.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieZenmilk View Post
    i purchase all my thread from http://tinyurl.com/ceokz45 connecting threads. you can't beat the price and it is excellent thread.
    I love the price at Connecting Threads, but my sewing machine doesn't always agree. My machine loves Aurifil and when my machine is happy, I'm happy. LOL
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    You can still get a lot of colors of Aurifil from Sue's Sew EZ Designs for $6 spool. Service is very quick!

Wow! I checked out Sue's Sew EZ Designs and that $6.00 price is wonderful. I did read that her new shipment of Aurifil came in to retail at $12 a spool, but Sue's is discounting it to $7.50, which is still a good deal.

Thanks for the info katier825.
    Kathleen

This were I bought many spools before she ran low on certain colors. she is wonderful to deal with too.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post

Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I buy Aurifil thread here: With shipping it's still cheaper then any other place. Great service too!http://www.tristan.bc.ca/cart/produc...&cat=36&page=3

Check out the door crashers and grab bags.
    Tristan has spools for $5.00, which is even better. I just wasn't sure about the shipping fees since it was coming from Canada.
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    Check out j Hittle's for your thread it is 8.38 a spool. Any one can order from them, great prices on everything.
    Nancy. . . Alameda, Ca.

I find the price discrepancies difficult to understand in my neck of the woods: It costs about $20 at the 3 lqs and $7.95 at the discount place...

Make sure when comparing prices to Guttermans' at JoAnn's that you're accounting for the yards on a spool of thread. Spools of thread at Joann's have much less thread these days. I had to do that w/ the Gutterman glazed cotton hand quilting thread. Gutterman for 220 yds was approx $2.75 at half price. YLI thread for 1000 yd spool is only about $8 - a much better deal. When I order the YLI, i just buy a couple of the big spools to have on hand because the shipping for 2 spools isn't different than 1 spool.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    If ...... I had never used Aurifil, I was perfectly happy with threads like gutterman, mettler(sp?), YLI, sulky,etc.
    now my machines and I are spoiled, Aurifil for piecing and King Tut for quilting...fortunately Santa knows and filled my stocking with Aurifil last year!!!!!!

Yep, everywhere you go, everything keeps going up, except our paychecks!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast