Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't find thread >

Can't find thread

Can't find thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Can't find thread

Somebody posted a "where do I find this pattern" thread within the last couple of weeks and now I can't find it and I have all my fabric cut out to make the quilt! It was a nine patch block with half-square triangles on two opposite corners. The center row had two blocks of the same color side by side. Laid out it made a motif something like an oriental rug with a medallion form in the center. Can anyone help??? I have no idea what the name was. There were multiple responses on the thread.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Was it this one?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post7736724
Old 02-17-2017, 07:15 PM

No, thank you. I think the thread was deleted for whatever reason. I saved the link to the thread here but it now says I've followed an invalid link. Somebody knew what the pattern was and I think there were even a couple of links to different ones on Pinterest. I have no idea whose thread or the name of the quilt. It made kind of a morrocan tile shape. Only two HSTs in block.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Maybe if you post a picture of the material squares and how you think they should be arranged, someone can point you to the Pinterest site or wherever it originated from, where the original picture was located. I think this is legal to do. As far as I understand, you just can't copy & paste a picture that someone else created as if it was for your own use.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:14 AM

Just do a search for Mirror, Mirror quilt pattern. I think that's what you're looking for.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:46 AM

The whole quilt just has a single design element in the center with part of the design echoed on the corners. I don't remember the color placement in the nine patches. Here is a rough idea of the general outline of the quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]568504[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-27-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: remove moderation comments
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

I believe that one was arranged in a Trip around the World arrangement. Which means concentric rings of rows starting from the center.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:26 AM

No. it wasn't even concentric triangles like trip around the world. The center was shaped more like moroccan tiling or a persian rug.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:41 AM

I'm sorry. I don't remember the quilt at all. I just can't help you.

A thought.....Perhaps if you send a note to the moderator/administrator QuiltnNan, she would be willing to send you a link to the pattern for the thread that she deleted. Or maybe she would be willing to post the link in this thread. She is a nice lady, just has to follow all the rules. She helps me learn them for sure. "smile"
Old 02-18-2017, 07:02 AM

Barb, I appreciate your help and the EQ offer. I don't remember enough specifics to draw it.