Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
carrying case >

carrying case

carrying case

Old 04-25-2014, 02:55 PM

Default carrying case

I am looking for a carrying case for quilt projects. The ones I like are about 15x13x3 and have a hinge and latch type closures. I see quilters with them all the time... but can't find them and always forget to ask them where they got theirs... Thanks , if anyone can help. Sally
Old 04-25-2014, 03:07 PM

Keepsake Quilting has a few items: http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...ATCHEL-BOX.htm
Old 04-25-2014, 03:10 PM

Are you talking about the ArtBin Satchels? You can get those at JoAnns (http://www.joann.com/storage/craft-storage/). The best time to buy is when they have the 40 or 50% off storage sales. They are having a 40% off sale right now.

I have a bunch of them. I love them for projects. They are very sturdy. I definitely prefer them to the Iris brand.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Check in the scrap booking supplies at Michaels?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM

I buy mine at Michaels with a coupon or on sale and they are very reasonable.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM

I use pizza boxes or rubbermaid covered cake size containers. The rubbermaid ones work great and are clear.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:55 PM

I got mine at Costco - you got 5 for about the price of one at Joann's. But they aren't there all the time.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:51 AM

I use the ArtBin plastic ones with a handle. Numerous places have them but watch the price as they vary quite a bit from store to store. JoAnn's carries them but their regular price is really high so use a coupon or wait until they put them on sale. I've seen them at Hobby Lobby, Michael's as well.

At guild we made a carrier to keep quilt blocks in progress. It used a paper towel cardboard tube as a base on one end. You took two pieces of fabric cut in a rectangle and stitch them together leaving room to turn the fabric right side out and also insert the cardboard tube. Stitch a line down to secure the tube. Attach some ribbon on the other end and then you lay your quilt block flat on the rectangle and then roll it up around the tube and tie. It keeps your blocks neatly rolled around the tube until you are ready to assemble the quilt. I didn't make one but perhaps someone out there has made something similar and could post a picture or better directions. I have my box so use that but when you transport your box things do slide around and you have to rearrange your blocks to set them straight again.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:28 AM

I picked mine up at JoAnn's and have seen them at Michaels in the scrapbook section.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:42 AM

I have several scrap poking cases that size. Look in that section of Hobby Lobby or Michaels.