Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Catastrophe in the Sewing Room >

Catastrophe in the Sewing Room

Catastrophe in the Sewing Room

Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Frankly, my sewing room always looks as if some castastrophe has occured, but it's worse than usual this morning.

Yesterday I pulled the big plastic fabric drawer bin (about 5 ft. tall) away from the wall. I noticed it was leaning a bit, but all the six drawer units seemed sturdily fitted together.

During the night a loud noise awoke me--and it continued for a few minutes during which time I realized what it must be. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I wasn't ready to face whatever was ahead at 2:00 a.m.

There are 6 drawers, about 14" x 4' x 2 1/2' each. The top three had fallen, one at a time, from the stack, scattering their contents all over creation.

It's almost noon and I still haven't tackled that mess! Guess I can't put it off forever. Might as well go tackle it.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Just think...reorganization!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Close the door. :roll:
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM

and all of the treasures you forgot were in the very back :) think positive....... put on some good mood music and get to it

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Just think...reorganization!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
During the night a loud noise awoke me--and it continued for a few minutes during which time I realized what it must be. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I wasn't ready to face whatever was ahead at 2:00 a.m.
ROFLMBO - I have so been there and said cat I am going to kill you in the morning
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Hope you found some interesting "goodies" and now maybe even some space to add more (smurk) Inspiration comes in many forms:):)
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM

I agree, think of it as an organization/treasure hunt. I would gladly come help you if I didn't live so far away.

And when you figure out where things are going go, you might want to think about anchoring those cabinets to the wall!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:54 AM

It's a good way to see what you have!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Missi
Originally Posted by MillieH
ROFLMBO - I have so been there and said cat I am going to kill you in the morning
LMAO! Been there too... but in the case of 1. a fully decorated 10' Christmas tree and 2. a fully set up table of Crystal stemware, china, flowers and vases. Usually the two don't occupy the same space.... but one Christmas, they er... did. With a bang. About 1/2 hour before my guests arrived.

So I had three scared cats in 'time out' shut up in the bathroom and one slightly mangled and twisted Christmas tree leaning against the wall in the corner, and one formal Christmas dinner of Crown Rib Roast served on Correlle ware 'prancing dolphin' plates and mismatched Tervis Tumblers instead of Crystal and pretty china....

I never laughed so hard in my life. And my Christmas trees are now guy WIRED from the top of the tree, to eyes screwed into the wall at ceiling height... just in case.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

you are meant to go through all that stuff. so get to it. you may find great surprises!