Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cats and batting? >

Cats and batting?

Cats and batting?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 AM

My 1 1/2 year old cat keeps licking the Warm & Natural batting. He licks it until there is a hole through it. What the heck is in the batting that he likes it so much? He doesn't bother the other batting, just the W&N. Or is there just something wrong with him???
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM

i dont think that would be good for you little kitty.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Maybe trying to tell you I need a quilt too or some attention!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Cyn

Many cats will lick or suck on wool and other soft fabric. Several of mine will. The ones I bottle fed still suck on my pj's in the evening after their dinner. The oldest is 5 years old. It's a sign that they are comfortable. I still wouldn't encourage the ingesting of material of any kind tho. Vet bills are so high :)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM

Believe me, I know all about vet bills with this little guy! He's has recurrent urinary trouble which hopefully is over now that he's on Royal Canin special vet food. And the cats have 4 different quilts! I try to remember to pick up the batting each time I'm using it. However, he'll lick it while I'm quilting the sandwich! Personally I just think there's something wrong with him! :)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM

LOL, it sound like if your Cat was human he would be a great candidate for that new show on one of the health channels called "My Strange Addicition", LOL. That is so weird that he has a preference.

Here's an idea for a good Youtube video ;) serve him up a plate of catnip and a plate of a piece of warm and natural batting and if he ignores that Catnip over the warm and natural batting, then you know he is unique, LOL. Disclaimer: (I realize some cats aren't affected by Catnip and it's just mean't to be joke, not cruel in any way ;))

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Hmmmmm.....now there's a quirky little habit I've never heard of before!! He sure is different! :wink: Having never tasted Warm and Natural myself I really can't say what he finds so tasty about it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I can't help you. However, I have a cat who licks handwriting. Prefers pen, especially colors, but will lick pencil too. Has no preference as to pen brand, though. Really weird.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM

I rescued four kittens from a feral mother and bottle fed them from about four weeks old. I ended up keeping three of them and they all do this. I was told it was because they were separated from their mommy too early. Who knows? I don't think there is anything normal about any cat, or at least the ones I have!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Cats, I find, are strange creatures in general.

I used to have a cat that would try to suck on my ear lobes. If I was sleeping, he usually succeeded, at least until I woke up and shooed him away. lol