Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cell phone pouch >

Cell phone pouch

Cell phone pouch

Old 02-17-2021, 05:48 AM

My neighbor crochets "walker bags" hanging on the walker that will hold all those items. An across the armchair of the recliner she is sitting in, also good. Sew a big pocket on the clothes she wears.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
.............Sew a big pocket on the clothes she wears.
ha! I've done that for myself ..... I have a fleece nightshirt that I wear more-so as a coverup. Too hot in bed for me! Because of cozyness of the fleece, I love putting it on first thing in the morning or in the evening before I go to bed. One problem .... I don't have my cell phone or eyedrops handy. So, the other day, I found some coordinating quilting cotton and on went that hold-all pocket! Problem solved!!!!
Old 02-17-2021, 07:32 AM

I made this for my cell phone IPhone 6 and it has a snapped pouch on both sides. One is smaller but I can put checks, ID, lip pencil in. I wear it crossbody style. I made this after I just walked off without my purse, TWICE. Luckily, I got my purse and all contents back, even all my cash. I sent you a private message.
Attached Thumbnails 03e3e7ee-b8fc-4458-8c29-1718f82be1bb.jpeg   2e2f9f43-ca46-4d6b-a2ec-c3f381ad2b32.jpeg   43757160-212e-4a38-b4e3-cdc4a8b4a48b.jpeg  
Old 02-17-2021, 02:57 PM
maT

ByAnnie.com has a "call me" free pattern that would work for her
Old 02-18-2021, 03:52 AM

Thank you!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:56 AM

I am not sure if she lives by herself or in a care center nor if the cell phone is her only means of communication should she fall and need help. All of this should be considered when making a decision of what is best for her. A few months ago I fell and had to dray myself to a phone to call for help. I did not have a pocket in the slacks I was wearing so I did not have my phone with me. When visiting with the therapist at the care center where I was sent to recuperate she suggested a fanny pack to carry my phone. I went home an found one that was in the closet. It has three pockets in which to place things. I use the smaller one for my flip phone and carry a handkerchief in the other. There is also another compartment on the back which I have not used as yet. The belting used to hold it around my waist is soft and flexible and easy to put on. I can place the little bag front, side or where ever I wish. I like it because it is easy to take on and off when I change clothing. I leave it on at night as well and feel safe as I know I always have my phone with me should I fall again when I make a trip to the bathroom. Just a suggestion!
Old 02-18-2021, 10:38 AM

I like your idea. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:46 AM

I have been looking for a pattern for my cell phone that I can use when I take walks. Toogie--do you have a link to the pattern you used? Your pouch is exactly what I was looking for. Any help is appreciate.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

This is perfect for her to wear around her neck... and has room for other little incidentals too, besides her cell phone.

https://www.byannie.com/call-me

This pattern is free! I plan to make one for myself, for the next time I go to the big Paducah show.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:14 PM

This is a timely thread. I was thinking about this for my DSL grandmother. I'm in Texas and she lost power but after spending the night with my daughter and famiky, she insisted on going back to her apartment despite no electric, thus no heat. We were obviously concerned so I was thinking about ways she could be sure to keep her phone near by.

I think the fanny pack is the best idea. If she were to fall, the phone would be secured in the fanny pack. A crossover bag without a secure closure might not be as sure in a fall, where it could fly out of reach. I've used a fanny pack, mostly on vacation, and it is great because it leaves your arms free and you don't have a bag swinging around while you move around. Personally, a crossover bag is more intrusive with your movements whereas a fanny pack is easier to deal with. Plus, you can swing it around to the side, front, or back as you need to.