Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!! >

Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

Challenge On The Stamp Block Quilt Tops!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM

I think I should join. I have been working on a postage stamp quilt off and on now for awhile. I moved last winter and had to pack everything up I am just now starting to find all of my sewing stuff including my postage stamp blocks.

SO far I have been doing enders and leaders and only sewing my 1.5 inch squares between other projects. For right now I think that is how i have to keep doing it as I have so much on my plate right now. But I will be cheering everyone else!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Phannie1
Good luck to all who are taking the challenge. I am working on something else right now to do this. If I can help any one let me know how.
Thank you so much for offering to help! Wish you could join us. I do all my other things during the day. Then late in the evening it's my postage stamp time. I'm going to walk down to the garden and check my corn. Turn the electric fence back on. Then it's too my postage stamp top.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 PM

Ok, fence is on. I ate a couple of grapes on the way down to the garden. You can smell then. Oh, they smell so good. They taste good on the inside, but the outside is still green. They are a light purple grape.

I tried a crabapple. They are still pretty tangy. Then I tried a red delicious. Oh yummy! I have to find the reddest ones.

On to the garden. Checked my corn. Yippie!!! I brought four beautiful white/yellow ears up. It's the bicolor kind. I can't wait to eat that tomorrow. Picked a green pepper. And I thought my hubby picked maters this evening. I could go pick another little basket of them. They will keep until tomorrow.

I have some already here. So they will go in the freezer tomorrow.

Then I get back to my crafting. Unless I decide to put some apples in the freezer for fried apple pies.

Ok, whose hungry now? giggle

Alright, whose sewing with me on the postage stamp tops now. Grabbing my needle.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
Ok, fence is on. I ate a couple of grapes on the way down to the garden. You can smell then. Oh, they smell so good. They taste good on the inside, but the outside is still green. They are a light purple grape.

I tried a crabapple. They are still pretty tangy. Then I tried a red delicious. Oh yummy! I have to find the reddest ones.

On to the garden. Checked my corn. Yippie!!! I brought four beautiful white/yellow ears up. It's the bicolor kind. I can't wait to eat that tomorrow. Picked a green pepper. And I thought my hubby picked maters this evening. I could go pick another little basket of them. They will keep until tomorrow.

Then I get back to my crafting. Unless I decide to put some apples in the freezer for fried apple pies.

Alright, whose sewing with me on the postage stamp tops now. Grabbing my needle.
What type of grapes are you growing?

We have Monukka grapes. Every fall we eat as many as we possibly can and then dry the rest into raisins for the winter and for gifts for family and friends. They are the sweetest, seedless grape. Cannot eat enough of them! You're sewing, I am going to bed. Good night, sweet dreams! :-D
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 PM

Ooops, double post!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:09 PM

@ Linda - Do you prep your apples before you freeze them? My apple tree, after 7 years, has finally produced more apples than we can eat. Last year i made apple butter but would love to have some frozen to make pie in the winter.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 PM

I've sorted some of mine by color, 100/color set, for my first project. I'm also using mine as leaders and enders and will keep tabs on this challenge but my postage stamps are lower on the priority list than a few other quilts so I may not have pictures to share for a while.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Vicky K
@ Linda - Do you prep your apples before you freeze them? My apple tree, after 7 years, has finally produced more apples than we can eat. Last year i made apple butter but would love to have some frozen to make pie in the winter.

I myself fixed cooked apples. Some of them I'll go ahead and sugar and put in the freezer for applesauce this winter.

Then some I'll add sugar and cinnamon. Freeze those for baked apple pies this winter.

Yummy!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

What type of grapes are you growing?

We have Monukka grapes. Every fall we eat as many as we possibly can and then dry the rest into raisins for the winter and for gifts for family and friends. They are the sweetest, seedless grape. Cannot eat enough of them! You're sewing, I am going to bed. Good night, sweet dreams! :-D
I don't know what two grapes are on the side of the garage. The outside colors are almost alike. But different grapes. The vines on the backside of the garage are concord grapes. The dark blue ones. They are not as sweet as the other ones. And the bees like the light purple ones best.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:24 PM

my blocks are 8x8 need 120 (total stamps 7680)

completed

full block:
green
purple

half blocks (pending other colors to combine per my pattern):
3 blue
1 blue/green
2 purple/red
1 red/orange

quarter:
blue
purple