Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Change in Connecting Threads Thread

Blog Entries
    One thing about lint in machines. If your machine has outside threading then the lint won't be a big problem. If it has inside threading then you need to be really careful about lint. All industrial machines have outside threading and many guide lines for the thread. The more guidelines the less lent build up, the air moves most of the lint away. If inside, it has no where to go.
    Got fabric?

Yes, I have had problems with their threads. The thread will break inthe middle of sewing and I have to go back and rethread the machine all over again. It seems like there are weak spots in the thread
    Carmen E.

Blog Entries
    You need to contact them. I emailed them about them backing their products when I placed my first order and was told they stand behind all products and if I have any problems they'll refund or replace anything I have a problem with. If you don't tell them they won't know. It could be they've changed where they get their thread, etc. Lots of things could cause this but they need to know and you shouldn't pay for less than what you get.
    Judy

Thanks everyone for your input and comments. I have emailed Connecting Threads and am waiting for their response. I am going to take Bellaboo's advice and look at the thread under a microscope to see if there are more "barbs" on the newer thread purchased. I'm not giving up on Connecting Threads! Yes, they have stood behind their products for some of my friends and I still really like their fabric collections. I wanted opinions and I got them so, hopefully, CT will correct the thread problem and again provide us with a quality thread product. I'll report back when and if I get an explanation.

I too have had problems with the thread breaking and lint. I emailed them today to let them know. I have purchased from them before, but this is the first time buying thread.

I bought several spools a couple yrs ago and never saw so much lint in my machine.

I don't want to hear this.. I recently bought ALOT of their thread, as I've heard such good things about it here!

Quote Originally Posted by denveremerson View Post
    I don't want to hear this.. I recently bought ALOT of their thread, as I've heard such good things about it here!
    I too, have heard great things and became a first time customer with them over the weekend. Needed thread and took advantage of the $1.74 spool sale and ordered 29 spools!
    http://www.OutlawTheWicks.com

Blog Entries
    Glad I read this thread. I was thinking of ordering from them. Not now.
    Abiding in the Vine

Blog Entries
    I have lots of the thread and use it. It works great in my FW with a size 19/14 needle. CT cotton thread is 3 ply and needs a bigger needle.
    Got fabric?

Power Poster
    Have not had a problem with their thread. Hope it was just a bad batch or something.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My machine and I like the thread a lot. Yes, it is a bit linty but that just forces me to clean out the machine more often (which I should do anyway). I have one bin with neutrals for piecing and one bin with assorted colors for quilting.

I have always used CT's thread. Have never had a problem with it. I would think you just got a bad batch and if you make them aware of it, they will do you right.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I have lots of the thread and use it. It works great in my FW with a size 19/14 needle. CT cotton thread is 3 ply and needs a bigger needle.
    Agree. I also use a size 19/14 on my Janome 6000. At first I used a smaller needle and
    the thread would break continuously.

Blog Entries
    I am getting ready to order 12 spools of their thread for $1.74. I have nothing but good things to say about their thread. I love it. I called them yesterday and didn't quite understand why I bought an Essential set which contained 15 spools of thread and these only contain 10 spools. She said it was because the set I bought last time was a discontinuation of some of the thread to make way for some new colors. My luck! So instead of ordering a set of ten for $21.90, I am going to order 12 individual spools and get those for just a few cents cheaper than the set of 10. I only use the thread for handwork and so I think this should pretty well do it for my thread. My first order was 12 spools of Natural for sewing my squares together. I have never had a problem. I love the Egyptian thread.

Happy Quilting. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

has anyone tried using a company call longcreek mills.com it's in NC and he's been in business for over 40 years and it's not expensive. for example a big spool of embroidery bobbin thread is $4.00 (I think haven't bought it is a year for I'm still using the same spool) when a small spool here in town is $8.00, the quilting thread I use from them is $3 a spool

Quote Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
    has anyone tried using a company call longcreek mills.com it's in NC and he's been in business for over 40 years and it's not expensive. for example a big spool of embroidery bobbin thread is $4.00 (I think haven't bought it is a year for I'm still using the same spool) when a small spool here in town is $8.00, the quilting thread I use from them is $3 a spool
    I had the pleasure of stopping there at Christmas time after going to Mary Jo's. I had never used their thread so was a bit skeptical because of the price... but what a pleasant surprise it is very good thread and really quite inexpensive. They carry lots of variety from quilting top thread to a very strong thin bobbin thread. Lots of embroidery thread !
    http://www.longcreekmills.com/index.html

They have a great price on 100 percent cotton 50 wt , 6000 yds for $2.50 in off white .
    http://www.longcreekmills.com/product/quilting.html
    Last edited by Lori S; 06-26-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    50wt 3 ply is too thick for me for machine piecing. I use CT 50wt for machine quilting. The colors are great. I use the Connecting Threads Pro for piecing. It's 70wt. thin and strong.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
    I have used Long Creek Mills thread and am still using the huge cone or neutral thread I bought for piecing. A bit linty, but no problems. They also have a good price on the Organ titanium needles I use for embroidery.

I have also bought from Atlanta Thread Supply, and their's also works well for me. Get on their mailing list, they send out $10 off coupons occasionally.

Kim
    Kim
    So many hobbies ... So little time
    private pilot, quilter, vintage sewing machine addict, silversmith, lapidary

Blog Entries
    The longcreekmill link takes me to a domain website. Anyone else having the same trouble?
    Got fabric?

Oh, thank goodness someone else had the same problem as I did: longcreekmill.com...OR longcreekmills.com, I get the same domain website page. Maybe they forgot to renew their domain name???

long creek mills must be gone - website doesn't open in a google search either - unless they have changed their name!

Just an FYI: I received my spools of thread from Connecting Threads last week and started using immediately and have had no problems whatsoever!
    http://www.OutlawTheWicks.com

I use Guttermans but just realized I'm paying over $7 a spool. I do use my Joann coupons but that's still expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2