Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Charm Packs

Blog Entries
    I have never bought charm packs so I am not even sure if all charm packs are cut the same.
    I was given a catalog today at my sewing group and I was looking through it and there is lots that I want, but can't order yet. But they have charm packs that have 50 precut 5" squares for $13.99 is that a good price?

No I have found them 5-8$ that seems a little high.

Blog Entries
    moda charm packs have about 40?? Or 42 charms and I think retail is 8.95.

Blog Entries
    Sounds too high to me! I pay about 8 dollars for a 40 piece pack so even with 10 more pieces I don't think it should be that much! ($8/40=.20 and .20*10=$2 so add that to $8 and shouldn't be more than $10) And that is your math lesson for the day!

Blog Entries
    I just bought some charm packs for $7.95 each.

Blog Entries
    Usually, $8.95 to $9.25.

I agree with the others, way to pricey! Connecting Threads has them sometimes for under $5. Ones on their clearance are under $2. There are usually only 20-24 in each pack, but at $2 you can get several packs for $13. You should shop around. :)

I bought two charm packs {same price each) from an out of state vendor. Wanted the variety, quality and they were from another continent.

It was worth while to me to have this unique lap quilt that no one else can duplicate.

edit: at the 'show' the vendor did not bring the shop's inventory of 100 FQs or bolts of fabric to buy half yards. that could have been another choice, if it had been available.
    these were not a branded name.

Banned
    Not a good price. 40 of the 5 inch equals little less than 3/4 yd and little more than 1/2 yd. .66 yd to be exact.
    Actually 25 inches of 42" wide fabric. Not a good price If you assume fabric is 9.50 per yd then that is 6.59 worth of fabric. Not a good value.
    Believe my math is correct. Unless it is a group of fabric you just gotta have.

Our QB member Jeanelle[sp] has a great price on charm packs.Check her out at Charmpacksplus.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    Our QB member Jeanelle[sp] has a great price on charm packs.Check her out at Charmpacksplus.com
    Thank you! I just went and looked at her site - very nice prices and a nice selection. :D

Blog Entries
    charm packs are cut the same...5" squares....some have pinked edges (to keep them from fraying) some are straight cut. the good thing about buying a charm pack is it gives you a little bit of a whole fabric collection.- other wise it would be quite expensive to buy a minimum cut from 50 different fabrics.
    i never pay more than $7.95 for a charm pack...and usually look for them less...i love $5 charm packs! being an appliquer these are quite often just what i need :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your answers. Guess that catalogs going in the garbage. :))