Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Check out my Antique Singer >

Check out my Antique Singer

Check out my Antique Singer

Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM

It is definitely a Featherweight. There was a card table designed especially for this machine. They're available on ebay usually for less than $100. You have one of the earlier ones. It has the Egyptian scrolled faceplate. The last year they were made is 1948, I believe. Congratulations! You will love this baby.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 AM

Nice looking FW!! I would also ask your co-worker to try and find the box. You can find them on Ebay every once in a while and also the table. There is a table listed right now but they want a lot for it. There are also the acrylic tables you could get if you want more area than the fold-down bed. I was lucky to get a table that needed refinishing for a price I wanted to pay and I also had an acrylic table before I found the table. Good luck in your search for one. Just be patient.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Found my table at a used furniture store for $20. Obviously they didn't know what they had!
You can see it here:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03630418NuTQuf
Does your table have the metal or wooden legs? I found my table at a high school fund raising sale for $.50...I was generous and gave them $5. They couldn't understand why anyone would want a old,scratched up table with a hole in it. It has no cover for the hole where the machine goes. You can see it here, it has the metal legs.
tp://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1193334604045965719dEyaLR
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719RMiKSl
Sharon W.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 AM

You have a beautiful featherweight! Have fun with your new toy.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM

I know for a fact that your machine was made in the late 30's, had one that was an 1938 with that scroll face. Yee-haw, you have a beautiful machine, hope the case can be found or you can order from the featherweight sites.
Enjoy your lovely machine!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM

You're going to love this. Use it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use mine for
paper piecing because it is small and simple. I just love it. It sews like a charm and has such a wonderful feel. Don't worry about a cabinet. I have on my countertop in my den/sewing room because it can be moved around "sew" easy. Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Hi, I'm new here. I have a singer 221-1 that belonged to my mother in law. It does come with a case with a tray that lifts out and lots of attachments, a card table size table with a slot for the sewing machine to fit in. The last copyright date 1935 on the booklet. I just dug it out of the closet and haven't tried it yet.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 PM

I found my table for a featherweight at the senior center semi-annual garage sale. heheheheheheh got it for.....................................$7.50! it is an old one, brown legs and wooden top. Serial #'s match on the table top with the removable insert, Good luck and don't forget to check out the card table section @garage sales! :D :D :D
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM

It is a featherweight & they did make tables for them & they called them 4 way tables because they could use it for playing cards & other things when they put the insert in that you took out to put your machine in. My husband services them,Paints the machines for people all over the United States & Canada. I have 6 tables myself.If you can run across one, Jump on it. He has decals, books, & adjusters manuals that they used on the machines & it is so easy to maintain your own machines.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Wow lucky you a gorgeous Feather Weight.